Life After The Motion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrToronto View Post
    Anything in a E-mail from Goldilocks, rest assured (LAO scumbag lawyer) spent 2 days planning how it was presented.
    If he's even still representing her now. He got shut down big time at the motion. His reputation was stained a bit. I think there's a reason Im getting these pretentious e-mails from ex. Perhaps he said "you're on your own .. you made me look like an idiot".

Things I want right away:

1. Her financial info (jurisdiction info)
    2. OCL notes, etc
    3. Her address.
    4. Make up time

I know there are no consequences in family law really. Is make up time realistic? She tore D3 out of my life for nearly a year.

Comment

Whew!!! when I saw you post I figured you got the "she's" not well call.

LAO lawyer should be hiding out for representing anyone the way he did. He was a complete ass.....hopefully his reputation is more than tarnished.

Have a great weekend with D3...it has been along time coming

Comment

Originally posted by LovingFather32 View Post
        If he's even still representing her now. He got shut down big time at the motion. His reputation was stained a bit. I think there's a reason Im getting these pretentious e-mails from ex. Perhaps he said "you're on your own .. you made me look like an idiot".

Things I want right away:

1. Her financial info (jurisdiction info)
        2. OCL notes, etc
        3. Her address.
        4. Make up time

I know there are no consequences in family law really. Is make up time realistic? She tore D3 out of my life for nearly a year.
        IMO asking for make up time would make you look vengeful, However I would make it very clear that going forward missed visit are 100% not acceptable and you will "TAKING" makeup time if for whatever reason a visit is missed.

I really do mean "TAKING" makeup time. If D3 ever misses any time for whatever reason you take the amount of time missed on your next visit. Just be sure you notify her of your intentions. Say D3 misses a Wed visit. You send her and her lawyer an emails stating that because D3 missed Wed (xx date) you will be keeping her Monday.

You will be, I will guarantee it, getting a call saying d3 is sick and needs her mom so I'm not bringing her to drop off. If that does happen you make it clear that you expect her to be dropped off as you are fully capable of caring for a sick child. If she no shows you follow up...If she still refuses you let her know, after receiving her, on your next visit you will be keeping her 1 day longer.

PS. Enjoy your weekend to the max...I'm sure you have a reunion planned.

Comment

Dude, I've read up on your crap situation. Enjoy this weekend with D3 and do everything you can to connect with her. Trick-or-treating tonight, colouring, story time, BATH play time. If you are the parent you claim to have always been then just focus on the kid. and remember despite all this NOT to make yourself the "fun" parent long term. She needs rules in your home. But this weekend isn't the weekend to establish that. Just enjoy her, tell her you love her. She's SO young! Good luck. Do the right thing. Focus on HER at a core level despite the legal bull crap you've gone through. Really, good luck. I'm in a similar situation.

Comment

Well .. Halloween was a complete success. D3 had an amazing time. Laughed, ran house to house and scored a pillow case full of candy. She wore gorgeous "Tinker Bell" costume and had a perma smile the whole time.

She was very shy at the start. Just making odd noises and yelling in the backseat. This was her way to express herself in a time of confusion and misunderstanding. Of course then she said "Daddy .. I miss you and love you"...right out of the blue. She's just such a lovely child.

The exchange? Very interesting. Ex showed up alone (I thought for sure she'd have a witness or something). She packed a bag of clothes (which I doubt Ill touch since I have everything she needs) and gave me a list of things D3 does now (night lights, brushing teeth herself, sleeping habits, etc). She was sure to write "This isn't to instruct you what to do with her or anything, just to be clear".

She came right up to my vehicle, we looked each other in the eyes and I just said "thanks" and was on my merry way.

D3 and I had a great night. I missed her so damn much. She said mommy and her have a "new" house again. Guess they moved? Again?

Tomorrow D3 gets to be in a home that she hasn't been in for 9 months .. her nanny's.

It was a great night. I just don't want to see her leave for 2 weeks (Wednesdays only starting on Nov. 18th).

Happy Halloween.

Comment

I don't have my kids this Halloween. But reading this, and following your story since April, made my night. Good for you and D3, buddy.

Comment

I feel you grinning in your elation. Hearing her say that she loves / misses you must have been the totality towards a heart exploding in sheer joy! Congrats dude! seems like your ex wasn't to be feared this time around. Let's hope this continues. And D3 certainly provided you with what you (understandably) needed to hear / feel.

Do the due diligence that she knows you miss / love her too. Not by words, but by ACTION. This will resonate further for her than you could possibly ever know.

Thrilled for you! ENJOY! Be simply "dad" as you know you can.

Happy Halloween to you. Now GET OFF THIS SITE and crawl in with your kid, hold her tight and let her know how much she's got her daddy's pure love... Good night to you, sir, and don't pop back in here until your "time's up" with D3. That's an order. ENJOY. Simply ENJOY every hour / second / minute of her. We'll find out in due time. Shoo!

Comment

Great! you have D3

SAD a exchange...STILL?

SO the new newer NOVEMBER house/apt just because Goldilocks lost at Motion.

Geeze Goldilocks was hoping for you to croak under the bus.. To bad you did a Bruce Willis and are around for the sequel

By Monday your going to be PUMPED for your kid....natural

Kids are highly adaptable....they understand nothing until just over 12

AS good parents you want this bullsh!t over LONG prior to a kid turning 12

New places to live...."exchanges"......kits of stuff for a kid....better STOP

Mom cares so much ..she gave D3's health card....it was in the KIT right?

Can you ask for "EVERYTHING" child related at "EXCHANGES"

No stability obviously for D3.....stability is a work in PROGRESS for Goldilocks

Acknowledgement .....Goldilocks see's you winning custody, sure why not child abduction with allegations was her case...POOF GONE

! agree with some of the folk here...why ask for "back time".....the reason you didn't see your child for 8 months was.....WHAT?

SO Goldilocks's did what during those 8 months....was cautious...was concerned...encouraged contact....OR was hopeful you lost custody?

Sole Custody goes to the parent that will accommodate access....NOTHING Goldilocks did encouraged access....EXACT OPPOSITE

Motion Judge forced this (actually EM Judge..CC Judge..then Motion Judge)

Status QUO is gone for Goldilocks.....she's scrambling back to Ontario,,,,how many addresses is that now?

Bet there's gaps on where she lived.

Goldilocks is in your town, doing access too little to late and still with stupid exchanges. (hide the uncles house)

You win Jurisdiction LF32.....because Goldilocks is hiding motives, she's very aware of this stuff. (still playing games...and new apartments financed by old goat)

Need the residencies Goldilocks has had for Court....is it ALL Action Houses to where-ever she is at now. ...or GAPS.....( I bet GAPS)

Goldilocks took off in July.....she left a little to fast.

Old Goat should of shut her mouth (too over confident)

Your job (with kids)...the GF (stability)...the lies....the taking off.....I think Goldilocks SHOULD pretend to live in your town and do access.

but she doesn't'' WANT to do that ....she does it out of fear(losing custody)...there's a difference.

keep your stick on the ice....hope for the best
                  Last edited by MrToronto; 11-01-2014, 01:11 AM.

Comment

I was wondering about what happened but it feels good knowing you didnt get screwed. Enjoy your weekend. Looking forward to hearing how it went Monday!

Comment

Mr. T has nailed it bang on yet again.

Stability is something that your ex is going to have a difficult time proving. New home AGAIN? Is she seriously moving each and every time or "couch surfing" at friends? I would hazard a guess that it is money-centred. Now that the count has sent a resounding message that they do not believe her allegations I wonder if the shelters have finally cut her loose and told her to find her own flipping place to live? It sickens me that people like your ex can continue to suck on the system when there are legitimate cases out there.

I am pleased you had Halloween with your daughter as well as a visit to grandparents. Nice for your daughter to have a "normal" weekend for a change.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
                        Mr. T has nailed it bang on yet again.

Stability is something that your ex is going to have a difficult time proving. New home AGAIN? Is she seriously moving each and every time or "couch surfing" at friends? I would hazard a guess that it is money-centred. Now that the count has sent a resounding message that they do not believe her allegations I wonder if the shelters have finally cut her loose and told her to find her own flipping place to live?
                        Bear in mind that you just have a three-year-old's word that her mom has a new house, which is not totally reliable. Kids aren't always the best messenger. My kidlet told me when she was 6 that her father had moved into his gf's house and they had no running water or lights. Turned out he was just spending a lot of time at his gf's and some pipes were being replaced. Kidlet wasn't trying to mislead or sow trouble, she was just reporting her interpretation of the situation. So be attentive to what you hear from D3 but be mindful that kids of that age do a lot of "filling in the blanks", and are not necessarily factual reporters.

Comment

I believe LF32 is mindful of presenting statements, backed up by facts, when he is in the court room (unlike his ex who would seemingly would lie about her own gender if it that would be of benefit and she could get away with it).

It must be a tremendously confusing time for the little girl. Many parents would trot their child off to a shrink for an in-depth analysis (aka "dirt" on the other parent). I believe the mother will eventually implode all on her own.

Comment

Oh, I agree, I'm not doubting LF's competence in the courtroom at all. Just remembering from my own experience how easy it is to be freaked out by something the kidlet says about the other parent - because we're concerned about their well-being and we worry about what happens when we're not there.

Comment

What Stripes posted carries weight actually. D3's sense of time is that of a 3 year old. She could easily still be referring to the "previous" new house. Presenting this in court wouldn't be in the stars for me. But its something I let linger in the back of my mind nonetheless.

Comment

WorkingDad's ex wont provide him her address either right now. I wonder if he's still pursuing that. Why are we not allowed to know where our children are staying when they're not with us?
                                Not sure where you got this information but, having seen every court document filed in that matter personally the address is on the top of very notice of motion and affidavit that is filed and has been for the past three (3) years.

Even the last motion that just happened a few weeks ago had the information on it.

???

I know WD's smart as hell .. why doesn't he have 9 orders granting him the right to know where she lives? Is it common practice in family law for this to still occur even after the "victim" label has been removed?
                                He knows where she lives and has known for years. A major component of the evidence marshalled for the last trial was based on her residential address.

See para 23...

CanLII - 2014 ONSC 915 (CanLII)

[23] After he saw the advertisements, the Father created an email account under a non- identifying name, and contacted the email account given. He expressed interest in buying some of the items, and asked what address he was to go to to effect the transaction. The response given was the Respondent's address. The Father became very concerned that the Mother was planning something secretly. A friend of his, the Friend, also created a non-identifying email address, and corresponded with the email address shown on Kijiji as the email Address. The Friend, when he expressed interest, was also given the Respondent's address where he could buy the items listed. The most concerning part of all of the communications and advertisements was that the ad stated that the seller must sell all the items quickly as she was leaving the country with her 4 year old child.
                                Just saying...

Good Luck!
                                Tayken

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X