Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

settlement conference - court's decision, what do you think?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• settlement conference - court's decision, what do you think?

had a settlement conference today.
    1. it was my understanding that the court could only make procedural decisions or decisions on consent at a conference. am i wrong here?
    2. Neither party at this point asked for access exchanges to take place at an access center, it was ordered on my request in the past to prevent danger of false charges and because there was a restraining order. then it was removed on consent after restraining order was lifted. today the ex said "he brings his friends at every exchange and i feel intimidated" and bham, the judge goes, "ok then we are going back to the access center", the ex protested; i was indifferent (internally happy lol) but the judge ordered it any ways even though the other party opposed.
    3. because the access center exchanges reduce 4 hours form my access time that i already have i asked for additional over nights on mondays, the ex agreed, so both parties were on the same page. the judge goes "you already have wednesday and friday over nights, i dont agree to this even though you two do." i was seriously baffled at this, but just shut my mouth and didnt argue any further. can a judge do that?
    Last edited by sahibjee; 02-20-2013, 09:56 PM.

Usually they are procedural oders or orders made on consent at a sc, but the judge can do anything.

It seems like he ordered the access centre to avoid any possible future/false claims the ex might make against you due to her "intimidated" feelings.

It's a little odd that the judge didn't allow the monday nights when both parties agreed. I can only think he might have been trying to avoid too many back and forth travels for your son.

Comment

Originally posted by HappyDays View Post
      It's a little odd that the judge didn't allow the monday nights when both parties agreed. I can only think he might have been trying to avoid too many back and forth travels for your son.
      but either parent would have to pick him up from the daycare and drop him off over there anyways. i just think this judge was a nutbar. i think she wants the ex to have sole custody and if i get monday's added then with over 40% access time to me sole custody to the ex becomes difficult, i also think she only ordered access center exchanges to establish that there is enough conflict to give the ex the custody.

Comment

The judge can make orders, but ultimately you guys can come to any agreement.

If your ex is still ok with you having Monday nights, then there is nothing stopping you from getting it.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X