Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Old 05-27-2015, 01:12 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

Whether or not he attends is moot. If hes registered for a full time course load, thats what is considered. If your ex can demonstrate that, your argument to stop paying wont fly.

If you feel that strongly about it, send a request to your ex. Advise her that if you dont receive proof of full time registration you will seek to cease CS. More than likely she'll come back with the proof. If not, do what you feel is best but prepare for backlash from your ex and kid.

Several people on this forum have advised that last year "victory lap" for 18 year olds is common and accepted as the additional year of support. Alternative schools can still demonstrate they operate as an educational institution.
Old 05-27-2015, 01:29 PM

Momymonkey is on a distinguished road

Thank you Rockscan - this my 3rd shot at the CS cessation rodeo- We also have a 26yr old and 23 yr old that was part of the original CS circus.

I want to reiterate that I am NOT trying to "Get Out" of or "Shaft" our son out of CS. Im quite happy to pay for his continued education now and if/when he decides to go to Post Secondary. Ive been through that with the our older boys. My issue this time round is I need to force his Dad(Custodial Parent) to not give up on him and help me keep our son going to school. If a threat of CS cessation will encourage Dad to step up to the plate and help keep him in school then I will do it. Hence the question of "full time student" and "alternative high school"