Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Old 05-27-2015, 08:29 AM

LawHelp is on a distinguished road
Default Ex not providing disclosure

Hey,

So I have a question . I filed a motion to change child support to my ex who is not in Canada based on his actual self employed income. He has not provided me disclosure regarding his business . He is self employed and travels a lot. Anyways I was able to serve him via email. A day before the first appearance I get a letter from a lawyer representing him.

We attend first appearance and lawyer says he needs more time. He was given a month additional , to file his response. This was due on Monday. I have not received anything from him

Not even a response to the motion, forget about the financial disclosure.

My question is what do I do when we attend our second " first appearance". He is again gonna make an excuse that his client is not in Canada at the movement and needs more time. It's been three years I have been asking him for disclosure and adjusting child support.

What are my options? I know that we have to attend a case conference before any motions are filed. Case conference comes after the first appearance where both parties have to file what's required.

What will happen on the next date and how can I get a case conference date without his consent?

I also served him with a form 20 to provide all his financial disclosure and his 30 days expired last week.

Please advise how to proceed with this without any further delay.

Thanks