Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 01:58 PM

littleman is on a distinguished road
Default does it ever stop.........Please stop whining

well now the latest from him is he is refusing to pick our child up at his place of daycare during the month of august......which is not our child home however is my parents residence.... a little background for this beginning of the summer his parents called mine saying they were taking care of our child for the summer therefore my parents make summer vacatio plans.... on july 23rd he rudely informed me finding care would be my responsibility come july 30 for care for our child for the month of august.......this gives me one weeks notice for a daycare for a month.........my parents cancel their vacation plans so I can continue to work to provide for myself and my child......now the ex in his infinite wisdom thinks Im driving to my parents after work on fridays of his weekends (they live about 1 hour away in morrisburg) to bring our child home for his convenience for his access.........where does this arrogance end if ever......or will I have to wait for a judge to end it with him
Old 08-03-2006, 07:26 PM

Sk8r is on a distinguished road

Think of it as extra time with your child before he/she goes off to Dad's for the weekend.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:03 PM

logicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to logicalvelocity

littleman,

from everything you posted, your ex appears to be a very selfish individual and not very child centered. I suspect all his pleadings will be focused on his rights rather than the child's right and best interest.

Hang in there and smile, I suspect you will get everything your asking for.

lv
Old 08-06-2006, 10:25 AM

Sky is on a distinguished road

His is kind of childish if you ask me and seems like he refuses to grow up
I am wondering if you ever thought about getting trying to get his weekends taken away from him? My parents got divorced when I was 3yo and he had her rights taken away. Just a thought
Old 08-08-2006, 08:04 AM

littleman is on a distinguished road

I would NEVER consider doing that to my son.........just because his father is an ass doesnt mean my son has to suffer for his stupidity.........if I only knew all this crap before trust me a sperm bank would have been cheaper and alot less hassle.........however I have to deal with this situation the best I can til I get some resolve then I still have to deal with his crap til my son is age of majority or out of school.........I WOULD NEVER CONSIDER TAKING MY SONS VISITATION WITH HIS FATHER AWAY......I would be denying my son not his father
Old 08-08-2006, 01:09 PM

logicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to logicalvelocity

Wise words from the honorable Trussler J.

in

Tremblay v. Tremblay

Alberta Court of Queen's Bench

54 Alta. L.R. (2d) 283, 10 R.F.L. (3d) 166, [1987] 6 W.W.R. 742, 82 A.R. 24

9 I start with the premise that a parent has the right to see his or her children and is only to be deprived of that right if he or she has abused or neglected the children. Likewise, and more important, a child has a right to the love, care and guidance of a parent. To be denied that right by the other parent without sufficient justification, such as abuse or neglect, is, in itself, a form of child abuse.

Moreover, Section 16 of the Divorce Act reads as follows:

(10) In making an order under this section, the court shall give effect to the principle that a child of the marriage should have as much contact with each spouse as is consistent with the best interests of the child and, for that purpose, shall take into consideration the willingness of the person for whom custody is sought to facilitate such contact.

lv
Closed Thread