Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think anyone going through a divorce has increased their chances of having more issues with their kids during the teenage years.

I don't have much advice to offer since, although I have a 20-something year old, I didn't have any issues through her teenage years. I do, however, have a lot of sympathy for the OP...I've had friends with these types of kid issues and its consumed their whole life and made them absolutely miserable.

I know there's a lot of different approaches and different programs out there...like Total Transformation...that are supposed to help. But its infinitely harder when you have the other parent sabotaging your efforts.

Maybe you can try this... Cryonics Institute and wake him up in 20 years or so?

Comment

I think a full range of opinions has been canvassed in this thread and further discussion will not be helpful, so I'm closing the thread.

Please remember the rules:
      -no personal attacks
      -be respectful to others.

Lively debate is of course encouraged, but the debate should be about a person's ideas, not an attack on a person.
      Ottawa Divorce

Comment

I just want to add that I've found this book:

Surviving Your Adolescents: How to Manage and Let Go of Your 13-18 Year Olds: Amazon.ca: Thomas W Phelan PhD: Books

to be an excellent guide for parenting adolescents.
        Ottawa Divorce

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X