Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

Old 04-18-2020, 10:00 AM

rvalentines is on a distinguished road
Default False Rape (Sexual Assault) allegations

This post is by no means anyway to diminish domestic violence victims.

It is solely to highlight Canadian CanLii cases where False Rape Allegations have been used in custody disputes.

Even if the accused is found not guilty, he is usually emotionally and financially destroyed without any repercussion for the complainant.

1. https://www.canlii.org/en/on/oncj/do...19oncj563.html
Boyfriend asks to spend time with their daughter. She files false rape allegations.

2. http://canlii.ca/t/241sv
Feud between the two families compels their daughter to make false historical rape allegations.

3. http://canlii.ca/t/j614m
Wife and Husband are having issues. Husband asks Wife to move out and the wife threatens him that she will "get him". She seduces him to have sex with her then "Corroborates" her version by going to the hospital and telling her friends.

4. http://canlii.ca/t/gg0n5
Woman invites herself to a married man's house when she knows his wife is away. Then they leave to go to a bar together. She comes back to his house and has sex. Claims rape and wins

5. http://canlii.ca/t/h5018
She texted him to come over for "Hot Sex". Next day she files for rape and wins

6. http://canlii.ca/t/gvg45
In this case, a man was convicted of sexual assault on his former spouse. Fortunately for him, the "victim" contacts his new spouse and admits that the sex was consensual. She first denies having sent the message only to admit it later on.
A new trial is then ordered.

7. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYH992ynhdU
"60 minutes" documentary about a man's fiance filing false allegations against him.

Last edited by rvalentines; 04-18-2020 at 10:04 AM. Reason: additional link
Old 04-18-2020, 07:04 PM
Banned

Abba435 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I for one read and participate here for family law. This is criminal law. Maybe find another forum.
Old 04-18-2020, 09:38 PM

Dear Abba,

Just to remind you - Criminal courts are highly leveraged to gain an advantage in Family Courts.

Countless men are put through the system by their partners through false allegations to get exclusive possession of the matrimonial house and de facto custody of the children.

I am one of them. When I was arrested after my ex-wife WALKED into a police station to make her allegations, the majority of the men in jail were men being accused of domestic violence.

Lastly, if you actually read what I posted, you would see that majority of those cases involved the husband asking for custody which then triggered the woman to make false allegations.

This was my case. In the middle of a custody dispute, my own wife made criminal allegations.
Old 04-18-2020, 10:16 PM

LovingDad1234 is on a distinguished road

Moderator will delete this thread.

Rvalentines: Many of us have been accused of allegations. Including myself. But you should limit the threads to family court and family law. Case Law on court cases involving custody decisions, access decisions, supports, parenting issues etc. I have read your posts and you are angry, and understandably so, but remember that this forum is family law related and parenting with your ex related etc
Old 04-18-2020, 11:35 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Everyone should listen to NiN "The Downward Spiral" when reading posts from the OP. I have been here a long time and the OP is repeating a pattern of behaviour on this site I have observed for 10 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FNe7l3KkQU

I would link the previous examples but, those users all ended up being permanently removed and all their history wiped as well.

For those who have been around long enough... This user is about as "resourceful" as "resourceful".
Old 04-21-2020, 03:51 PM

I do sympathize with RValentines however. A marriage broke up, and 2 people that were once in love are deciding how to divide assets and spend futures with their kids.

Rather than sitting down at a table like adults to amicably resolve things fairly, you are thrown into court. Then crazy allegations start on how terrible a human being you are in efforts to relegate you to visitor status rather than parent, from the person you married, had kids, with and shared a life with. Then the legal bills surmount drying up your bank accounts, hoping you give up and give the other person their way.

I could not imagine a more adversarial and conflict-encouraging system than the family court system.
Old 04-22-2020, 04:17 PM

Exactly.

I feel people who have actually experienced it first hand can sympathize.

I remember I used to judge dad's who were divorced and were denied access to their kids. I used to think to myself that they were drug addicts/alcoholics.

However, I have seen it myself how false allegations can literally not only take away your kids, your house, but destroy you financially, mentally, and emotionally.

I've been involved in my children's lives every single day since birth. Now all the sudden I'm an unfit dad because they Mother is making allegations?

I need to pay a criminal lawyer to defend myself against lies? What kind of messed up society have we created? Where Men are overwhelmingly punished.

There is NO WAY false allegations are only 2%.
Old 04-22-2020, 06:42 PM

If there is any saving grace for you Rvalentines, is that if you come out of your criminal case clean, your ex has seriously shot herself in the foot by going to such measures to try to get her way. Not a good way to treat the father of her children...,
Old 04-22-2020, 07:01 PM

Right.

That's what I'm counting on but that's still a good 8-9 months away ASSUMING it doesn't get delayed due to COVID-19. I'm missing out on my children's best years.

I now understand why men commit suicide 3x the rate of women. The constant allegations and emotional pain is traumatizing. I haven't been able to work all day today. This is despite the fact that I am meditating, exercising, and talking with friends.

My other concern is actually getting CONVICTED of her allegations. I made a post about false allegations where quite a few husbands were convicted from their spouse's false allegations. Some of them appealed and won though. But an appeal costs $70k+ (on top of the previous trial).

Anyways, sorry about the rant. It will be a long road ahead.
Old 04-23-2020, 03:57 PM

iona6656 is on a distinguished road

Here's something both of you are missing- did you hit your spouse? were you abusive? was there a power imbalance? y'all keep throwing around the word "allegation". well- if the allegation has merit and a basis in truth- then maybe it's time for self reflection.

My ex went into co-parenting counseling -with the same attitude of both of you - "how could you say this about me??? how am I all of a sudden a monster?????" - he went on and on about how it was just anger and stuff said in the heat of the moment and it was completely blown out of proportion. it took MONTHS of counseling and therapy for him to realize what he did- not only the one time- but over the course of our relationship. And how it could hurt his relationship with me as his co-parent, and his own daughter. he still doesn't get it- I guarantee it. He thinks it was my fault- and I was a trigger. anything can be a trigger- but what you can't do is excuse your actions.

rvalentines- the fact that you are going to trial- and you weren't offered a plea deal makes me think this is either not your first time with a DV charge, and/or it 's a serious allegation. and one which has some evidence behind it. add to that in another thread you made some kind of statement like "should a dad lose custody just because he slapped his wife?" - makes it easy to side eye you. You sound controlling.

instead of focusing on what the "crazy" mom is doing- maybe take some time to reflect on what you can do instead to prove you are a reasonable person.