No announcement yet.

What are my options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So here is what helped: sticking to my guns.
    She said she won’t pick him up, I said well I am not around, she replied she won’t pick him up again. I said I am not around, and I am not going to go in circles anymore, your access day, you figure it out.

At the end she sent one final nasty email about canceling all her future holiday accesses and any accesses landing on PA days and talking to police and "authorities" taking me to court etc, but she did end up picking him up, at least yesterday, we'll see what happens tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by sahibjee View Post
      It's usually best not to just assume things... blah blah you don't know me

And whenever she learns (from son) that I might have plans to be out of town, she pulls this crap

He over heard me on the phone, thats how he knew.
      You must be incredibly unlucky. I can't believe that every time you make plans, your son overhears you on the phone and then relays the message to mom, who then sabotages your escapades.

Every. Single. Time.

Have you ever considered, y'know, not talking about secret stuff when your son is around?

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
        You must be incredibly unlucky. I can't believe that every time you make plans, your son overhears you on the phone and then relays the message to mom, who then sabotages your escapades.

Every. Single. Time.

Have you ever considered, y'know, not talking about secret stuff when your son is around?

After i broke up with my ex, some one gave me a great piece of advice which I have kept close to me and it has always worked. "disassociate from negative people fast".

You replied twice, both times in a negative way, its not hard to see why you landed on these forms. Due to your own behaviour you are now blocked.

Comment

After i broke up with my ex, some one gave me a great piece of advice which I have kept close to me and it has always worked. "disassociate from negative people fast".

You replied twice, both times in a negative way, its not hard to see why you landed on these forms. Due to your own behaviour you are now blocked.

What do you do? Surround yourself with simpering sycophants?

If you were a mom and came in here with the same dilemma, you would be shouted down so fast.

Tell us something- how does it benefit your son to force his mother to spend time with him, when she doesn’t seem that interested in it?

You think it’s her responsibility? No it’s not. You took that away from her by obtaining sole custody.

Tunnelight actually made a good point. When your kid gets left at school or you have no one to watch them on the weekend, as the custodial parent- that’s a family emergency and your employer has to let you attend to it. If you have to travel for work on the weekend and can’t arrange child care- guess what? You get a different job.

You forcing mom to do her share just shows you’re not really ready for sole custody.

Comment

Originally posted by iona6656 View Post
            You forcing mom to do her share just shows you’re not really ready for sole custody.

For God's sake please tell me you are not a parent. if you, are immediately hand over custody to the other parent. you are not sane.

Comment

For God's sake please tell me you are not a parent. if you, are immediately hand over custody to the other parent. you are not sane.

Shockingly I am a parent.

And a sole custody one at that.

My point isn’t that you should hand over custody to your child’s mother. It’s that you need to stop whinging about mom won’t do her fair share. You wanted sole custody- you got it.

Stop complaining about having to parent your child. You asked for it.

Comment

Originally posted by iona6656 View Post
                Shockingly I am a parent.

And a sole custody one at that.

My point isn’t that you should hand over custody to your child’s mother. It’s that you need to stop whinging about mom won’t do her fair share. You wanted sole custody- you got it.

Stop complaining about having to parent your child. You asked for it.
                seems like you lack reading abilities, I have clearly stated that I got custody because his mother left him to get married for a third, and eventually a fourth time.

I dont know your entire story and thus i dont know how you got custody. but you certainly are a person looking to attack, and such a person is toxic to a child, give custody to the other parent, as i said you are not sane.

one more on the ignore list ...
                Last edited by sahibjee; 09-12-2019, 11:48 PM.

Comment

seems like you lack reading abilities, I have clearly stated that I got custody because his mother left him to get married for a third, and eventually a fourth time.

I dont know your entire story and thus i dont know how you got custody. but you certainly are a person looking to attack, and such a person is toxic to a child, give custody to the other parent, as i said you are not sane.

one more on the ignore list ...

Oh, sorry I guess I did miss the part where you said you didn’t want custody, but had it foisted on you due to mom not wanting custody either. My bad.

Well done on you for caring for an autistic child (not meant to be sarcastic). It’s hard caring for a kid with special needs- I do it, so I know. But look back at your posts here. Aside from the post about mom leaving the kid at school unattended, your main issue with mom not showing up is your inconvenience at the whims of mom. Your kid isn’t an inconvenience. When you have sole custody- your job is to be available for your child 24-7, regardless of whether the other parent is supposed to be there. It’s also your job to foster the relationship between your child and the other parent. Not try to cut them out- so that your schedule has more predictability.

Comment

Crap, I was going to retire with my earnings as a forum influencer here. Guess I need to stick with my day job.

The Dream is over.

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
                      Crap, I was going to retire with my earnings as a forum influencer here. Guess I need to stick with my day job.

The Dream is over.

At least you only have to give up posting. I have to give up custody of my child. Apparently.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                      Working...
                      X