Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish I could allow myself to think of my ex in that way.

Unfortunately, I need to keep the frame of mind that she is the 'enemy', or else I'll end up in trouble of one kind or another. Either that or walked all over much like a door mat.

Comment

Blink-You and your ex have a 'unique' relationship. Congratulations at still being able to acknowledge each other with gifts/tokens...Besides Gary I think you deserve a beer as well ! ha

Comment

I usually get our daughter to pick out a flower for her mom for Mothers day, and make a card. She also makes a card and picture for her for her birthday and Christmas. I think its important for our daughter to understand that I do not hate her mom and that I want her to feel that I am encouraging positive feelings towards her mom. Its not that I spend much money at all, I mean what is a $10 flower and a home made card worth to me really, but its special for our daughter to be able to give Mom something and know that I am encouraging her to be happy with mom. On the other hand my ex fights me for fathers day access and christmas access and anything in between. But at the end of the day our daughter should know that I am the one that is positive and her mom is negative. I hope at least.
        I would take the gift for face value, not worry about it. You put the child support and spousal support behind you and a gift for your birthday should not change this.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X