Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 02:33 PM

WorkingDAD is on a distinguished road

there is no such things as perfect system ... at least to my knowledge - everything made by human has it's defects.

It basically boiling down to the simple balance between what is more acceptable to put 10 people in jail and ruin their (and thous who live with them) lives (or at least part of it) base on false accusations or give one real abuser another chance?

Read case V.K. v. T. S. (referenced in my case). Guy went through 2 courts Criminal and Family. All lies... any repercussion to the lier (mom in this case)? Not as of now from what I know (I am in contact with father as he found me after read my case).

Just recently I have heard about case when mom make accusation that she was raped and that how she got pregnant. Guy charged with rape. DNK came back negative - child not his. What possible should keep this liar out of jail?

In country like Canada this should never ever happened. It's a shame. (sorry if it sounded harsh)

Look what happened with my case.... Now we are heading to another trial (if nothing happened with me considering what kind of people decided to join the "party" from her side). I just hope Judge will make really really big case after we come to the answer what I and not only know very well - she is lying again. If people will know that they can lie in court and nothing will happened (or very likely) it will never end.

PS:
BTW it not very easy to punch yourself in eye

Last edited by WorkingDAD; 06-12-2012 at 02:39 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:58 PM

gettingtakenforaride is on a distinguished road

One of the problems is the very broad, and lets face it open definition of abuse. Arguably even a fight between a couple can be defined as abuse. Unfortunately it's difficult to discern the real cases of abuse from those using it as another means of gaining an "upper hand" in custody.

Not to mention at the end of the day in most cases one party wants out. The other doesn't the hurt and anger throws fairness and right out the window and it becomes a how to hurt them most, not what is best for the parties involved
Old 06-12-2012, 08:44 PM

Rioe will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingDAD View Post
why would you need full disclosure PRIOR to the marriage? I would think all what person has prior to the marriage has nothing to do with marriage and especially when it end.
My logic was that it would help educate engaged couples about the contract aspect of marriage that most people don't even realize when they sign on, and that it would be a previously recorded starting point in the event of divorce. Then when it's done again at separation, there are fewer arguments about what asset/debt belongs to whom, and what the value was.

Not to mention that some marriages fail because one spouse hid their true financial situation from the other.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:01 PM

Nadia is on a distinguished road

I would definitely support the idea of a full financial disclosure before marriage. Unfortunately, in my case, my ex "forgot" to disclose that he had a line of credit amounting to $200,000. (He'd borrowed the money to launch a limousine service) . It would have been "useful" to know this information going into the marriage.

Any debt brought into the marriage is going to ultimately have an impact on "family" finances. Anyone thinking otherwise is a fool. It also has huge implications in respect to trust. How can you trust someone who didn't think to mention something so important?
Old 06-13-2012, 07:19 AM

mumster1964 is on a distinguished road

i would like to see spousal support abolished. it is one thing to support your children but to support an able bodied adult just because you were married is insane.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:21 AM

WorkingDAD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumster1964 View Post
i would like to see spousal support abolished. it is one thing to support your children but to support an able bodied adult just because you were married is insane.
there is a cases for spousal support but it should more as exception not opposite as we have now.
Closed Thread