Section 7 extracurricular

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Section 7 extracurricular

In the middle of trying to settle on extracurricular activities and offered a set budget for children to minimize the grey area on what constitutes as extraordinary. This amount includes equipment and registration fees.

I have denied hockey since 2011 and ex recently enrolled child into it without notice or consent, which our agreement states to do.

However I thought a maximum budget per child would be beneficial. I stated that if the activity was during my access then these expenses or enrollments should be discussed and consented on.

Ex agreed to the budget however says she will register the kids in what they want to do and will not be asking for consent. I agreed to not having to obtain consent to activities that do not interfere with my time and would pay up to the budget upon receipt.

We did not draft an order and nothing has been signed yet. I want to insure that this budget will stay put. I will not pay anymore for hockey in the future as the costs increase and they will.

Any suggestions how to make sure this budget amount stays in place? And can not increase or if it does she is on the hook for same?

I have texts and emails of her stating she never would put him in hockey and also stating she wasn't going to go after me financially (2yrs ago) but now she is and stated I unreasonably withheld consent. Which my reasons have been clear since day 1 with the distance between both households etc...hockey is not feasible but she went ahead against her word and against my denial.

If I agree to a budget per child it is to minimize conflict. I know most of these are not even Section 7 expenses. However the hockey....by paying a budget is that me consenting to the hockey? Can I say I will only contribute xxx amount and if it ever increases she can pay those costs??

I pay full table support

Comment

Age of child?
      The level of hockey (House Leauge, A, AA, AAA)?

I can give you an accurate estimate on the costs. But, I need to know age and level.

Comment

Minor Hockey Atom

Comment

Can you pm me?

Comment

If I remember right your children are on the younger side and have been in hockey a couple of years? I think it make sense to say you will pay x amount, then let kid decide what activity to put it towards.

Activity prices, whether expensive or not will increase over time with inflation. Also the cost of many activities increases with older children. Example: Soccer is way cheaper than hockey, but the price still goes up with age. Soccer at 4 years is significantly less than soccer at 14 years. A typical soccer season for me is; little kid (80$) and big kid (500$, plus tournament fees or fundraising and buying a bunch of crap for tournament fees). That is not competitive high level soccer, just normal soccer. Even music lessons which are probably more consistent in that a private lesson is likely the same fee regardless of age, but a teen will probably take more lessons, longer lessons, and enter more festivals, costing a lot more than a 6 year old.

Maybe consider a set amount of increase to account for inflation and age of child.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X