Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 02:59 PM

gooddadgoingmad is on a distinguished road
Default Taping phone convo with ex...does anyone know how?

Hi guys

I am going to purchase the proper equipment ( or borrow ) to tape my calls with my ex. Does anyone know what I need to buy? Anyone have experience doing this?

Thanks
GDGM
Old 03-20-2006, 10:54 AM

Lindsay has a spectacular aura aboutLindsay has a spectacular aura aboutLindsay has a spectacular aura about

GDGM,

You may want to try out a telephone recording connector. I have one that I use at the office to transcribe voicemails, and all of my recordings come out very clear.

Here is an image:
http://www.electronic-kits-and-proje...000/TRE156.jpg

All you would have to do it press record on your cassette player when the telephone call starts. I did a search and had a bit of trouble finding one sold through Canadian office supply stores, so if you're interested, I could ask our office manager where we got mine.

Lindsay
Old 03-23-2006, 11:07 AM

emguy68 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to emguy68

Years ago a friend of mine got a telephone recoring connector at Radio Shack (now the Source) and just hooked up a voice activation tape recorder.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:21 PM

logicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to logicalvelocity

walmart did have them for about $12
Old 03-23-2006, 01:26 PM

gooddadgoingmad is on a distinguished road

haha....wish there was a walmart where I live! Actually, wish there was a bank! ha!

I am going to have to order one from "the source". I will take a long time to get to me...and cost me 3 times as much through shipping....but I have a feeling I'll be kicking myself if I don't get it!

Thanks guys
GDGM
Old 03-29-2006, 05:10 AM

ladyluck is on a distinguished road

Are there any legalities to doing this?
As far as I knew you needed permission to record someone's conversation, even if you had good reason to record it.
Am I wrong?
Old 03-29-2006, 02:25 PM

Lindsay has a spectacular aura aboutLindsay has a spectacular aura aboutLindsay has a spectacular aura about

ladyluck,

Have a look at this thread.

Lindsay
Old 03-31-2006, 07:40 PM

zeppgirl is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure if you're allowed to do this as well. Sometimes I have heard that by law you need to tell the other person you are recording them. However, maybe you could "conveniently" forget to turn of your answering machine or always leave it on and tape everything. I'm not sure, but I would do some research if you plan on using this in court.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:19 AM

Julie is on a distinguished road

Im sure that if it yields some incriminating evidence, then the court would accept it.
If they didnt, then it would be pretty disheartening.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:20 PM

applepie is on a distinguished road

If seems to vary jurisdiction by jurisdiction whether or not the person needs to be informed about the taping. I would check with a lawyer about what the requirements are in your jurisdiction just to be certain or maybe you could put a disclaimer on your answering machine. *Warning you are being wiretapped (lol)*
Closed Thread