This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collaborative Law

This topic hasn't really been discussed before on the forums. Collaborative law is a fairly new trend. I've got a brief write up about it here:

http://www.ottawadivorce.com/collab.htm

I've taken the courses to qualify as a collaborative lawyer, but never done a collaborative case. I'm curious: what do people think about this? As well, has anyone had a collaborative case? If you're not interested in it, why not?
    Ottawa Divorce

Jeff,

I think its a great method to come to a fair resolution in coming to terms of settlement in any outstanding issues between the parties.

It would prevent a lot of undue stress on the parties

Comment

Family law matters often involve disputes which can be psychologically, emotionally and financially draining for both spouses and the children. In the 1990's, many members of the bar (in Canada and the United States) began to practise what has become known as "Collaborative Family Law."

Collaborative Family Law embraces a paradigm shift from the classic practise of family law. It engages a process specifically designed to eliminate the bitterness, rivalry, hostility and sense of "winners and losers" that plague traditional matrimonial litigation.

Sounds like a better system too me!!!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X