Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL!! how about I try to just get off them, that might have been better advice.

Comment

• I totally understand your anxiety HOWEVER in reading your blog you come across as quite literate. After 30 yr marriage I filed for divorce. It was a huge life-changing decision. Financially it has been a real eye-opener for both me and my 30 yr old son who still lives at home! My advice to you is to get your kids out on their own as soon as possible - don't coddle them like I did. Does them no good at all. My x makes big money as well and he hasn't helped our son out one bit. Thems is the breaks I guess. Move on and some day get off those frigging pills. You have to learn how to face reality and anti-depressants aren't the answer. Good luck and remember the money is better in your pocket than the lawyer's.

Comment

• Yup and in her case, not obtaining informed legal assistance ensured that the money stayed in her ex's pocket too. Genius!

Comment

• Case Conference Over

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you all know my 2nd case conference was yesterday and all went well. My STBX wanted $600.00 a month Spousal Support up from $553.00 at our first case conference. The judge said I had to re-instate him on my Health Plan and pay SS of $144.00 a month. I am fine with this and I feel we have come out pretty much even. At 65 years I will no longer have to pay him anything...I will be 62 in January. It was a long haul but I'm hoping it's finally over and I can now move forward with my life. Needless to say he's very angry at this time but that only served to help me because the judge said it was not practical what he was asking for considering we are both seniors and there is not a lot of money to begin with. He also told him that I will be loosing my bridging and transition in 3 years and that will bring my income down by $800.00 a month and this is why he was ending the SS at that time.

I feel like an anchor has been lifted off my shoulders. Thanks to everyone on this forum for all that you do.
          Take care
          L.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X