This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help and understanding,

I am currently living with my common law partner of 11 years and our two kids, both under the age of ten. We are on the verge of separating but there is confusion to how we split the assets and the parenting of our children, I want to keep the children with my self or at least have them over night at least 3 to 4 times a week. How do I stand with this?
    Secondly, the property we reside in, currently, I pay for every thing in the house, Ie, all Bills, mortgage and every thing associated with the running of the property. All the bills are paid from a Joint account, all payments paid into this account are traceable, and I am the only one that pays into this account. Her name is on the account but she has never made a payment to this account. If and went we split up, would this be taken into account when it comes to the property as I could not afford the up keep of the house and support my self. There is also over £72000 equity in the property with the balance of the mortgage standing at £47500, the property is currently worth £120000. I would be happy with an equal split of the equity i.e. £36250. This would allow us both to start again and move on with our life’s

jp, are you in Britain? We cannot help you much from here.

Comment

yes i am, ok thank you anyway....

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X