VOID court order from 2007?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VOID court order from 2007?

I will just start by saying I had my first child at a very young age and was not ready to grow up at the time. When his mother took me to court back in 2007 I never bothered attend, I know that was a very stupid move on my part. The outcome was mom received sole custody and I was to have no access. Since then mom and I have co-parented without any major issues, I always paid child support on time, I was involved fully with my son and still am. Things have changed drastically since then, my son now lives with me full time and has for the past 2 years and up until a month ago there was never any issues with mom. My son is 14 years old now. Mom was contacted by CRA a month ago because she has/had been claiming the benifits for our son even though he did not live with her and only visited her home every other weekend. My son is aware of the situation now because his mother told him he would have to move back on with her or she would have to stop providing him with luxury items he has been accustomed too. My son is worried that mom could make him stay with her and not let him return to his home with me on his next visit there. What are my rights? Do I need to go to court to change the existing order from 12 years ago even though he attends school in my district? Mom lives in a different city then we do. Please help !

You do need to go to court to change the order. Tell your son not to worry. He is 14 and status quo is on your side. Has your ex been paying you any CS?

Comment

That’s what I was assuming but just wanting some advice from other parents who may have been through the same situation. I plan on visiting duty council tomorrow to see what my next step should be.
      She does not pay child support, which is something I will be addressing as well.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X