Shared Custody - Child's Choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PeacefulMoments View Post
    I wouldn't go so far as to say teens have no input. OCL after all does stand for Office of the Children's Lawyer and when involved, certainly are supposed to represent the best interests of the children. Bearing in mind that the best interests may or may not be what the children desire, but older children's wishes are at least listened to I believe.

I also have a feeling if your ex wanted to press it, she could continue to fight and present her kids views.

Thats not to say this isnt good news for you. Im sure it was a great feeling to know your ex has been told to comply. From this point on make sure communications are in writing and you get her refusals to comply that way. Document everything. If she chooses to come back and continue the legal fight on custody, you will have the documentation to prove she had interfered.

Those are the terms you need to keep in mind: interference in the relationship, refusal to comply, and influencing decisions.

Comment

• Quite remarkable really, as I was under the impression orders weren't made at case conferences (other than perhaps on procedural matters, or on consent). Even more remarkable that a lawyer is making an order of some sort. So you'll be paying retro cs at table amounts?
      Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X