Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STBX calling the kids names

Hello,

Not sure if this is the right section; D11 told me today that she is tired of mom calling her and her brother names. This time the ex was punishing them both because she believed S12 and D11 were bickering. S11 tried to explain they were just playing but received a belittling instead.

This is not new behavior as I was usually the recipient during out marriage.

The name calling is usually not 'bad' names, but telling them they are hypocrites or "that's stupid" and calling them stupid. D11 and S12 also told me that the name calling is getting worse.

Not sure what to do.... any thoughts?

I did encourage them to speak to a trusted teacher or kids help phone.

Good advice to the kids...

The relationship is between mom and kids, keep out of it. Saying anything to mom on this will cause issues for kids, because you are the dad.

If it gets to the point of abuse then seek out services that will talk to kids about it.

Your suggestion to them, was kid focused and that what counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Asphenaz View Post
      Hello,

Not sure if this is the right section; D11 told me today that she is tired of mom calling her and her brother names. This time the ex was punishing them both because she believed S12 and D11 were bickering. S11 tried to explain they were just playing but received a belittling instead.

This is not new behavior as I was usually the recipient during out marriage.

The name calling is usually not 'bad' names, but telling them they are hypocrites or "that's stupid" and calling them stupid. D11 and S12 also told me that the name calling is getting worse.

Not sure what to do.... any thoughts?

I did encourage them to speak to a trusted teacher or kids help phone.
      This is called "parenting style". Nothing you can do to change her behaviour.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X