ex interfering with pickup from school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ex interfering with pickup from school

My ex continues to interfere with my parenting time by picking up my children from school when I am unable, even though I have arranged for a sitter to pick them up and take care of them for an hour or so until I get home. She has successfully intimidated the sitter. There are other reasons I have hired a sitter: our's is a high conflict relationship and I wish to reduce the children's exposure to this. My ex is unemployed, yet should be working or training during this "free time". My ex will pick up the children during my parenting time and then exchange them at a time that is convenient for her, and on occasion has refused to exchange the children.

On the days that the drop-offs and pick-ups at school are my responsibility, does she have the right to pick them up as she pleases, even though I have made other arrangements? If not, how do I enforce this?

This is contempt of court assuming the order of the court is clear.

Comment

I agree with Links. This is contempt if there is an Order, so use the contempt mechanism.

Comment

Do you tell your ex when your unavailable? How does she know what days you can't pick them up?

Comment

Originally posted by Berner_Faith View Post
          Do you tell your ex when your unavailable? How does she know what days you can't pick them up?
          No, not any longer. My schedule is irregular, and it is just easier to deal with a sitter.

She does not know when I can't pick them up; she simply shows up at the school on my days. If I am not there, she takes them from the sitter. If I am there, she will sometimes confront me saying she needs to speak to the children privately. Very controlling behaviour and does not mind increasing conflict in front of the children to show who's boss.

Comment

Make sure you bring the sitter to testify

Comment

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
              This is contempt of court assuming the order of the court is clear.
              I'm not sure my court order is clear enough. For example, "The children will reside with the father in accordance with the following schedule: Every Monday from after school until Tuesday morning drop off at school."

She insists that unless I am able to do the drop-offs or pick-ups at school, that she is to be asked first. She of course does not reciprocate this, and easily leverages the fact that she is unemployed to interfere.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X