Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I miss him : (

Just need to vent..

The physical separation happened a few weeks ago and I just really miss my Lil Dude on my non-parenting days. Nothing I can really do but look at pictures and try and move on, I get it, but it makes me really sad not to see him after work or wake up to his smiling face.

I know it will pass and I will fill my time but for now, it just really sucks

it is a gut wrenching thing for any parent to have to adjust to. But you will - focus on the time you do spend with him.

Comment

Thanks. I pick him up tonight after school. Can't effing wait.

Comment

I think we all go through this. It hit me pretty hard.

Finally I accepted my new reality and decided to make my non-parenting time as positive as possible. Running, studying, work (if necessary). Personally, this made me a healthier and happier person and, I'd like to believe, a better father for when I do have my son.

It still stings on occasion, but take advantage of your "off days" to the best of your ability.
        Last edited by YYZDaddy; 11-07-2015, 12:02 AM. Reason: typos

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X