Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 10:33 AM

dickstacie is on a distinguished road
Default Pending Divorce

My ex is talking about finalizing a divorce. He wanted to do the joint divorce, but after reading in here, I think a simple divorce brought upon by him would be better. All our issues have been previously brought to court and are resolved, but our child is still only 7 and things change. I was wondering if after the divorce has gone through and all issues have been settled, is there any way to go back and change anything IF anything changes or is the divorce and all orders final and cannot be changed again at any time after the divorce? I am concerned about issues that may come up as our son gets older and will I be able to take my ex back to court to vary any previous orders after the divorce has gone through?

Thanks
Old 09-05-2008, 03:39 PM

singledad99 is on a distinguished road

This is the beauty of family law. No order is final, final except for, I guess, the divorce. Joint application for divorce is faster and cheaper if you wanna get over with this as quickly as possible.
Closed Thread