Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 06:46 PM

soon2befree is on a distinguished road
Default Going from Separated to Divorced

I have been legally separated for over five years. Neither of us, my ex and I, were never in a rush to make it final. We have recently discussed makeing it final. We took care of all the financial, child support, etc within the separation agreement. I ordered the Ontario Divorce Kit online and was overwhelmed with the forms.....please tell me it is as simple as writing across the pages "See Separation Agreement".
Old 01-01-2008, 03:26 PM

soon2befree is on a distinguished road

Is this thing working (tap, tap), hello??
Old 01-01-2008, 05:18 PM

littleman is on a distinguished road

best thing is if you live near a courthouse go there get the forms..pay your set amount....fill them in at the cafeteria go back to the counter where you got them and file.....30 days later you will have a final decree........not sure if you are aware or not that once you file for divorce it overrides a separation agreemtn......like doing a second will the first is null & void.......I personally didnt use a lawyer and my ex and I filed for amicable divorce.......we have one child but that was decided later (custody issues).......if you have custody amicably arranged you would be in same circumstance....all financials finished which I am assuming is the case whereas been 5 years.....then file for amicable divorce and in thirty days you are divorced.....never seen these on line forms and you get them free at courthouse til you file (physically) for divorce......
Closed Thread