Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 10:06 AM

Elle is on a distinguished road
Default Looking for a good Family Law laywer in Ottawa, female, suggestons?

I am looking for a good female lawyer in family law located in downtown ottawa; suggestions on who is good or not?
Old 08-22-2011, 02:26 PM

CMG is on a distinguished road

I got some good individual advice from
Judy Antymniuk
MacKinnon & Phillips
802-200 Elgin Street
236-0662

but for negotiating an agreement we used mediation
Gerald Yemensky
Campbell Clark Yemensky

Hope this helps. Celine
Old 08-22-2011, 05:50 PM

littleman is on a distinguished road

how about using yourself and your resources, trust me if you are tenacious enough you dont need to give lawyer money for something you can self educate and do yourself. I did, with the help of this site. I went up against ex and his lawyer and I came out the better of it. I fought for custody and stayed focused fulltime on the betterment of my new family dynamic. (and I worked a fulltime job). You can do this you just need the confidence and the push in right direction. With a little help from friends, research and unknown posting buddies you can do this Im sure of it and in long run keep your money n your bank instead of lawyers.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:30 AM

ddol1 is on a distinguished road

agree with "littleman" to a point. For me I have disability demons that have me up and down in a snap and just short of physical and mental breakdown any given day - so in a crunch i can't be relied upon - I need someome to "stand up for me"

That said - everyone needs to take this seriously, a second or third full time job to become your own divorce advocate! Learn everything you can, read even more - memorize the various ontario acts (family law, divorce, support - child and spouse, me disability too - and this area is three times more involved than everything else together!) You will never find anyone who will know you case as well as YOU. Your efforts and prep at the very least will shave thousands and thousands off an attourney bill. I f the very least - do the work yourself and get the specific law advice from the lawyer.

I once beleived that as a married couple of 24 years it was possible to sit down and together get that agreement down - sadly in my case I have a wife that did little to learn squat - you can't negotiate with ignorance! Then one day I sat down - a large part of what I learned from this very forum..... and our life as a couple - in spite of my medical issues, eight and counting surgeries - more pain tthan i would wish on my worst enemy and well - I have done everything that required research, negotiation, contracts (cars, houses, rrsp's) and more - and my wife who thought she is smart with money!!(I learned for the first time how many tens of thoud=sands she lost us in "lost opportunities" very bad financial ddecisions and more!

Be smart! Take this seriously! Learn everything. Ask a thousand questions and answer a thousand and one and maybe just maybe you might get a little bit of a fair shake - any less and you are screwed.

Anybody that whats a good start would find the link right here for "The List" Jaded - YES! Right on - A BIGGER YES!!!!

Get started with a lot of long nights of learning and a ton of lost sleep if that is what it takes!!!

Welcome to the site!
Closed Thread