This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for decent Assessors please

Can anyone recommend a couple Shared Parenting friendly Assessors please? Ideally they will be in southern Ontario, from St Catharines to Toronto area.

We saw a mediator before that said he didn't understand what equal parenting even means so I want to make sure to suggest to my ex, a professional that is OK with shared parenting.

Thanks everyone and Happy New Year.

I am sorry - not helping but it amazes me to hear that a basic, just, and best for the kids when possible method of shared parenting - a mediator that doesn't even understand equal (shared) parenting even is????? tell this person to come to this site and search "shared parenting"!!! and the best year to you and all!

Comment

Does anyone have any ideas here?

Comment

may I suggest. You need to think of who actually uses these services or who makes the requests for services that you are looking for. Start there for referals. If there is any story to go along with what you need to get done then perhaps these people you are calling can better match the professional assessor to the issues you must resolve and can then refer you to a better chance of what will be a good assessor for you and your children. Not an answer on a silver platter but from what i see here, you do not normally get specific names or referals on this site.

next thought is call your local family law courthouse and speak to the person who is making the bookings for the mediators. This person may have names directly, you can call the mediators in your area and ask for a place/person that can do the assessing. final thought is your family doctor if assessing can have anything remotely to do with mental health or better the areas to which your local mental health branch is associated with - I was surprized with the extent of referals made possible by our FCMHS in our area.

nothing else comes to mind.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X