No announcement yet.

"Partial-Final" Minutes of Settlement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Partial-Final" Minutes of Settlement?

Hello all, so happy to have found this great resource! I am a 49M who has been separated from his common-law spouse of 19 years for about 4.5 years now. Three years ago we agreed on Minutes of Settlement that specified support payable, etc. for our two daughters, butnot a Parenting Plan that would outline the weekly access schedule, access around statutory holidays, etc.

My ex never signed the Parenting Plan we agreed on, and now I have a "Partial Final" Minutes of Settlement that bears the court's seal and the justice's signature, but no Parenting Plan. The PFMoS of course obligate me to pay child support and make other concessions, but without a Parenting Plan, my ex seems determined to change access and custody. My ex is also claiming that without the Parenting Plan, the PFMoS are null and void (but not the parts that obligate me to pay CS, share my assets, etc.).

Has anyone dealt with this and how did you resolve? I have spent approximately $14,000 in legal fees just to get to this point. I feel with the help of this website I could file the requisite Notices of Motion, etc. but would like to hear other experiences.

I did a search for "Partial Final Minutes of Settlement" but couldn't find a relevant match - apologies if there is already a thread on this and appreciate it if someone could point me to it.

Thanks, SGDad
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X