This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depressed

Not sure if this is the right place to post. Please bear with me if I'm wrong.

I have worked hard up to this point in my life. Due to my wife's decision to leave, I was suddenly taken away of my only kid and half of my hard earned asset. I will still have to fight a long legal battle for child custody, and disputable spousal support. I feel powerless to all this. I'm deeply depressed and sometimes have suicidal thought. Everyday after work, I have nothing to do. I want to call my kid, but it doesn't help much. I think man are the loser in divorce. I go through the posts here at this website and realize there is no or little hope for us.

If you are having suicidal thoughts you need to talk to someone like a doctor who could help you. I went to my doctor right away to tell her what was happening about the change in our lives. I'm sure the thought crosses many minds when it feels like our lives are falling apart. Going through divorce is quite frightening. We are all in the same boat. Hang in there for your child. This too shall pass. One minute at a time, one day at a time we have to get through. I never dreamed that things could get so ugly between my husband and I. Yet here we are doing battle. I don't think it's about winning or losing. With marriage comes legal rights for both people. We all lose something in this, but maybe one day we'll see the gain for all of our challenges. Be strong. You're going to have to be stronger than ever now. Try to see the beauty in every little thing around you. Maybe you could take walks after work, or just start cleaning like crazy. Or curl up and just let yourself rest. Breathe deep. The stress is enormous and takes it's toll. My husband walked out on me and my daughter and left for another woman a month ago, and it's been a nightmare. He is being, in my opinion very unreasonable and nasty. It's like someone flipped a switch and he was just gone. Our marriage was not perfect, who's is? I was left reeling by this, and I do have to exercise my legal rights to protect myself and my child's future. Take care.

Comment

Thanks Leila. Good luck to you.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X