This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valentine's Day

Let's here your ideas and hopefully spark one in my mind I know there's some more romantics out there - this one is just having a little block at the moment.

Well for the mean time, my children either make me a rose or buy one. In addition if I am dating someone exclusively than I recieve something from them. Pretty basic stuff. It will vary each time. But nothing our of the norm.

Comment

Thank goodness v-day is over now!

I personally think v-day is SOOO over-rated. Or maybe it's because I don't have anyone to share my love with? haha

Either way, hope all you guys had a great v-day! For me, I pretty much went to school and slept all day...and now, time for me to do some homework!

Comment

Well, expensive gifts and flowers did not get my spouse to even say thank-you, so for V-day, I made her a cup of tea and said, happy valentines day ... to which she responded, thanks!

Dang, could have saved me some $$$ had I know it would only take a cup of tea to please her!

Hubby

Comment

Hubby,

Dare I ask what she gave you?

Comment

Nice touch Hubby !

You keep doing what you are doing, it is who you are.
            "To thine ownself be true"

Comment

Grace,

What did she give me for V-day ... a headache!

Nothing. Well, not true. She is now at least being pleasant during some of our conversations by saying 'please', 'thank-you' or sometimes when things get heated, she will say 'I was not talking about the adults - meaning me' when talking with the kids. She will on occation, look towards me with a beautiful smile ... they are small improvements which I have taken notice of and sort of sustains me for now.

She has said for me to respect 'her bubble' ... in other words, stay out of her air space! This can be very difficult for men, especially me, as my natural tendancy is to want to touch, it is one of the best ways I learn to when 'interacting ' with this world.

Hubby

Comment

I got nothing and gave nothing.. I dont mind though

As Julie said, Valentines day has realy become a commercial venture just like xmas.

Valentines Day exists to make singles feel bad!

Comment

Jumping in here, but I have to agree to V-day being very commercialized now. Used to be you could buy a dozen roses for nothing, now it's nearly half of a part-time persons pay. Crazy. Add to that a dinner that will cost nearly as much or more. I have to agree that sometimes the best things, the most romantic things can be simple. I agree with hubby's wife. A cup of tea, maybe even a back rub. That's the ticket!

Comment

I know 2 people who spent $500 on each other, and thats each!

Thats crazy, its really playing into the hands of the marketing guys.

Notice how the price of flowers triples on Valentines Day?

Comment

Yeah, so true about flowers 'tripling' in price on V-day ... tis why I bought her fake plastic roses a decade ago, dust em off and hand em back to her! Best investment I ever made! Kidding.

Hubby

Comment

ha hubby that's funny about dusting the flowers off; hey, maybe you could invest in a few tins of spraypaint--the flowers could be yellow one year, pink the next, red the next.... whatever color ails ya'. ha

Comment

And don't forget the final touch. A quick spray of Glade Air Freshener.

Comment

This hubby be way ahead of ya ladies!

Hubby

Comment

why doesn't that surprise me?!!!HA Grace, oh yeah, the air freshener, i forgot. NOW we're talking class!!!ha ha ha

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X