Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 05-25-2018, 06:18 AM

Istanbul is on a distinguished road
Default What is Better: Addendum to Affidavit, or Amended Affidavit?

I filed an affidavit for a motion (about 10 pages) a few weeks ago, but subsequent to it there were new incidents that I need to comment on. Should I file a second affidavit as an addendum (it is another 10 pages)? Or combine the two into a single amended affidavit of about 20 pages and the first gets discarded? Or does it not matter at all? If I do a single one, it does require some re-work to make everything flow together. It is not only a matter of copy paste of the 2 in a single document.

I was thinking it does not matter much, and I wrote a second affidavit which referenced the first and then elaborates on recent incidents. But my lawyer says it is best to just do one so that the judge only has one document in hand. I am skeptical that it matters at all.

The main reason I am asking here on the forum is that at the moment my confidence in the quality of his advice is not very high, so I feel the need for a second opinion.
Old 05-30-2018, 09:40 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

It is always better to hire a lawyer.