This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luddite View Post
    FYI according to my lawyer anyway, SA's don't seem to hold a lot of water regardless.

Just a thought.
    A separation agreement can be turned into a court order on consent

Mine was. There are many things in Separation agreements that are not enforceable though and cannot be made into an order.

Comment

so basically pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by Luddite View Post
        so basically pointless.
        No, not pointless at all.

It is a contract that you make and you are legally bound to it. You can make a very simple agreement that outlines only enforceable items which would provide the basic rules on how decision are made and how access is split.

However mine has information on how holidays work, vacation with the kids, without the kids and lots of other things that I thought were important.

Comment

Not pointless at all. My separation agreement also becoming a final court order.

Nothing is truly final, anything can be revisited with the proper legal argument. In fact I'll be revisiting child support, with change in material circumstances, documented.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X