Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

Old 11-10-2019, 07:58 AM

iona6656 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
tell the kids to tell a teacher or some other person who has to report it to the proper authorities. Do not sit on this.

Please please do this.

I’m so sorry your kids are going through this.
Old 11-14-2019, 07:33 PM

rhender is on a distinguished road
Default Turn of events

My ex called me after that incident and said my one son is to stay with me for a few weeks. He told my son in the car, said it was his fault and my fault, and then rushed away. My son is very hurt - he was crying so hard. He is only 12 and now separated from his dad and brother. They are accusing me of alienation which is completely not true - none of this was my decision. I always encourage their relationship but my son is having anxiety because my ex keeps telling him that if he doesn’t get along with his stepmom he is not allowed to live there. He was ready to go back to his dads after a couple of days and spend the following weekend with to make up time lost time but they completely changed their minds.

They seem to have no idea how to handle a tween/teenager. Instead of listening they make bad choices that damage the relationship and then blame everyone else.

I have no idea how to handle this mess.
Old 11-16-2019, 05:53 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Kids Help Phone is the best resource for the child. Provide them with the information.

Tags
co-parenting, step parent