Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have strongly desired to present myself to CAS and demand, in writing, the risks to the children that they have perceived (so that I can deal with them), the justifications for no access as opposed to supervised access, and the justifications for why the children's mother cannot supervise my access to the children while they are in her care.

Several people have advised that CAS will likely laugh at and ignore these demands, even though they are supposedly required for every case. So far I have held off on contacting myself and my lawyer would prefer to wait and approach them only once we have evidence to present.

Comment

I don't blame you for the polygraph though. I could do a post alone on that. You are spot on…here is how they put it to me…not hesitating to say yes is half their battle, sometimes enough answer to close an investigation. The whole thing is a psychological head phuck. The only thing I was able to say at trial about it was that I voluntarily took one. They are an investigation/interrogation tool, thats it. I would never ever voluntarily do that again!

I'm thinking….

Comment

Yeah I went in to the police to make a statement, basically to back up my girlfriend, and pretty quickly I got the distinct feeling they were trying to pin it on me. I got very anxious, and then at the end of my interview, they started pressing me for a polygraph. My immediate reaction was an immediate NO, because I was already so nervous and keyed up. Plus I have studied forensic psychology and I knew how they worked and how unreliable they were. I waffled a few times and considered taking one, but every lawyer has cautioned that it's a waste of time and a fishing expedition and I listened to them.

How did your case work out? How and why did you end up in a trial?

It's complete bullshit. CAS has investigated and judged me capable of looking after my autistic son on my own, yet they won't let me near my girlfriend's kids for 10 months? It makes no sense.

Comment

Ex pulled the sexual abuse card because we were separating and she wanted me out of the picture at any cost. Funny thing about this though, after being interrogated for the X time for yet another very serious sexual abuse allegation by ex…they declined to do one on her. They knew I passed…its BS.

Going to trial on stuff like this is very difficult when the child is young as my daughter was.

In my case, the court in their infinite wisdom stigmatized me as a pedophile, left my 2 young sons in my sole care and, gave me zero access to my daughter. You'd think if I was abusing children, you'd want them all to be removed…I don't know, that one puzzles me… Having had those false allegations and discovering, its the worst thing you can do to any human being; I know where your at brother. I spent a fair bit of time being stigmatized. There were serious allegations at her school, the supervised access centres that involved her teachers, CAS, police, doctors…no one out there is trying to find you innocent…anyways, mines a long sorted story. Looks like I had an easier time of it because, they were my kids…lol.

Today, she's on the couch with my son and their watching some cheesy show just a few feet away. In the end, she saved my life each and every time. It wasn't the whacked lies that won the day, it was the beautiful innocence. If you saw her with me, you never think those things…a child just wouldn't behave the way she does with me…a learned judge said that about me from all the phucking reports! Unfortunately, I didn't get him for trial. Best judge I was ever in front of, borrowed from criminal I think…I was going to supervised access with my boys in tow, they were dumb founded the first time I showed up. I say boys because, thats why this was allowed to happen…you could do worse things then educating your sons on the world they are growing up in…shameful!

Comment

I guess in my case it's hard because there will be no trial. No one has been charged and I don't believe anyone ever will be. I have not been given any chance to defend myself or present evidence. Just presumed guilty by CAS and had my life ruined by them at the direction of one particular police detective. You are completely correct in that no one is interested in finding out or assuming you are innocent.

You are literally guilty until proven innocent, and we all know how much fun it is trying to prove a negative.

I for one bear nothing but unbridled hatred for the Ottawa Police department now. I have never had any dealings with the police until this incident. If more people were exposed to them they would begin to understand how evil and unscrupulous they are. The only person who lies more than a lawyer is a police officer.

This particular detective has lied to us, the victim's family, continuously from the very start. She has refused to accept physical evidence of the crime from us, she has done no actual leg work in investigating me. She has bullied, threatened and manipulated the victim's family who are easy to control due to a history of emotional abuse. She has used CAS to destroy our family when she realized she had no case.

In every way I can conceive of, I feel victimized by the system. I have no interest in finding justice for my future step son anymore. The police and CAS have injured him and hurt us far more savagely and brutally than his daycare provider ever could.

The victim in our case was also very young, just 14 months old when he was injured at his daycare provider.
            Last edited by winterwolf7; 11-28-2011, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X