Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pictures and Video - allowable as evidence ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures and Video - allowable as evidence ?

Hi Community....

so as suspected, STBX has been running a business at a farmers market selling significant volumes of honey as my kids have been telling me. Today, I inadvertently drove by a the street market where she was selling!! Fancy signage and nice booth.. boxed products.

So I took some video and some pictures and was going to instruct my counsel to execute a request to admit this video and these pictures as evidence of her ability to work despite her claims to the contrary. Its also evidence of STBX's failure to disclose.

Any problem with doing this ?

PND

doing some reading... it looks admissable if its probative (proves something) and if not garnered surreptitiously.

Comment

I have s video sent to me by a neighbor of my STBX damaging property on the marital home. Made several copies and my lawyer fully intends to use this in arbitration. The neighbor is also willing to testify as a witness.

Comment

Originally posted by plainNamedDad44 View Post
        doing some reading... it looks admissable if its probative (proves something) and if not garnered surreptitiously.
        Good for you!

I have a girlfriend who started a "cottage" business and has done so well that she employs quite a few people now.

I recall her telling me that, on a good day at city farmer's market, she can make in the neighborhood of $10,000.00 Yep you read that correctly. She only spends 2 days a year in her garage making SOAP. Mind you, the market where she sells is the largest one in the city and the product is very nice.....

Amazing eh?

I believe honey comb is a popular item with high-end chefs.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
          Good for you!

I have a girlfriend who started a "cottage" business and has done so well that she employs quite a few people now.

I recall her telling me that, on a good day at city farmer's market, she can make in the neighborhood of $10,000.00 Yep you read that correctly. She only spends 2 days a year in her garage making SOAP. Mind you, the market where she sells is the largest one in the city and the product is very nice.....

Amazing eh?

I believe honey comb is a popular item with high-end chefs.
          Thanks Arabian.. I just found another pic of STBX on farmer's market website !!

These are a good start, and STBX has not disclosed any such income. But now to prove how much this is... that is the challenge. I am thinking of subpoena'ing STBX's supplier to disclose volume product provided to STBX and over what duration of time.

Comment

I'd keep things as simple as possible. Remember that judges have seen it all before. Think 3 minutes or average time of a television commercial. Anything requiring more time to review likely won't be looked at.

Less is more. Simple. Simple. Simple.

Comment

thank you Arabian.

Comment

Hi Community....

so as suspected, STBX has been running a business at a farmers market selling significant volumes of honey as my kids have been telling me. Today, I inadvertently drove by a the street market where she was selling!! Fancy signage and nice booth.. boxed products.

So I took some video and some pictures and was going to instruct my counsel to execute a request to admit this video and these pictures as evidence of her ability to work despite her claims to the contrary. Its also evidence of STBX's failure to disclose.

Any problem with doing this ?

PND
                You inadvertantly drove by the market??? I highly doubt that. You went there on purpose to gather evidence. Which I don't blame you but let's not try and make it sound like it was totally accidental.

Comment

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
                  You inadvertantly drove by the market??? I highly doubt that. You went there on purpose to gather evidence. Which I don't blame you but let's not try and make it sound like it was totally accidental.
                  I was going to get my S15 a haircut, he looks out the window and says "there is mom".... that's the truth. The market is on Main street, STBX booth was one closest to the road. You dont have to believe me, but that's what happened.

If I wanted to gather evidence, I think I would of sent someone other than myself. which I am now considering.

Comment

I was going to get my S15 a haircut, he looks out the window and says "there is mom".... that's the truth. The market is on Main street, STBX booth was one closest to the road. You dont have to believe me, but that's what happened.

If I wanted to gather evidence, I think I would of sent someone other than myself. which I am now considering.
                    Please tell me that you didnt take the pictures and video with the kid in the car.

Comment

I understand why your asking. When I saw her. I pulled over and yes. snapped a pic. Not ideal with S15 in the car.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                      Working...
                      X