Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do you serve pictures (evidence) on opposing counsel ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you serve pictures (evidence) on opposing counsel ?

Hi community,

I have now several pics of STBX working, when she is claiming she cannot.

I want these used as evidence, so I just want to confirm the process. Can I attach them to an affidavit and serve ? Is a subsequent request to admit required ?

Thanks to all.

The person who took the pictures should swear an affidavit noting the date and times of each photo. The pictures will be attached as the corresponding exhibits.

Comment

Be careful. you are walking a fine line of appearing to be 'stalkerish' and this may be used against you if it was you who took the photographs.

Review everything. What you want to do is simply put doubt in judge's mind about your ex's employ-ability and her stated income. I'd simply include photographs of her booth and as much information you can about the product she sells (price lists would be good). Gather some information on the web about success people have in cottage industries in general and the income that can be generated as well as costs (don't forget this or you won't be taken seriously). Perhaps you can find some published articles from people who have done well and who state how physically demanding the work can be. I included an article from the National Post about employment in my ex's industry and the judge went on to quote directly from the article in the endorsement/order. Took 5 min on website.

If you don't have evidence by way of proof of her income then everything is merely speculation... up to you to make sure you have as much scholarly or published information as you can to lead the reader (judge) to conclusion that income needs to be imputed.

Judge will not want to "punish" your ex for working and trying to establish herself. Don't forget that.

That's my 2 cents. Good luck with whatever way you decide to proceed.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
        Be careful. you are walking a fine line of appearing to be 'stalkerish' and this may be used against you if it was you who took the photographs.
        Your right.. all but one were from Facebook and websites of her place of work.

If you don't have evidence by way of proof of her income then everything is merely speculation... up to you to make sure you have as much scholarly or published information as you can to lead the reader (judge) to conclusion that income needs to be imputed.

Judge will not want to "punish" your ex for working and trying to establish herself. Don't forget that.
        I don't care about her income, I hope she makes millions. STBX is claiming she cannot work which is another lie.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X