Originally posted by mcdreamy View Post
      IN for feeling and touching!!!

Hold on -- we are doing that, right?
      Only after a few beers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mess View Post
        Only after a few beers.
        Ouch! Looks like we'll have to drink them pretty, DTD
        Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdreamy View Post
          Ouch! Looks like we'll have to drink them pretty, DTD
          Well I limit myself to a "few", so we shall see how it goes.

Comment

In the discussion on CBC for Divorce Month (Janurary) they made a very good point that in every divorce, there are really two (or more) divorces actually happening.

One is the emotional process, the other is the legal/financial one.

One of the divorces is always trying to sabotage the other, and one of them will be concluded long before the other. Which one is doing which depends on the person and their experiences.

This forum is pretty useful for the legal/financial aspects of divorce, but we have also gone through the other part too, which often leeks into our posts since it is just as much a part of the "divorce experience".

Recently, another member of my extended family started the divorce process. It is incredibly painful to watch someone be completely at the mercy of their emotions, make horrible legal/financial decisions, and ignore free help, advice and support on handling any aspect of it from people who have just finished going through it and have some hard learned lessons to share.

I helped with his court forms and tried to offer constructive advice and a bit of a "reality check" but sadly when people don't/can't listen to reason you have no choice but to leave them to their own self-inflicted torments.

Comment

I have used this forum for information. The information I have received from members has been on the most part excellent. There have been replies to posts or comments I have made, which might " smart" a little but often put things into perspective for me. Hearing the other side is not a bad thing and I can chose to listen or ignore.

The comments which are just downright rude, ignorant or meant as a put down on my intellect are ignored as I think those people might well be divorced for a good reason! Remember there is always 2 sides to every story and it would seem that we have both sides of the divorce story present on this forum which is why the platform works.

But divorce aside being the best parent, step parent or in my case grandparent is the most important element. The rest of divorce is just about money and material things and I noticed those forum threads are no where as contentious as the parenting forum. This means in the end we all have our hearts and intentions in the right place even if some of us also have our " foot in our mouths" at the same time!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X