• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Father

A very powerful video that LF32 forwarded to me this morning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-mJUcWpg1U

Let's hear it for the dads!!!!!

Over 1K thumbs up and only 8 dows. That says a lot. Also emotional.

I just dont know why he mentioned that he is black I mean what difference does it make.

Comment

Originally posted by The Iceberg View Post
      Over 1K thumbs up and only 8 dows. That says a lot. Also emotional.

I just dont know why he mentioned that he is black I mean what difference does it make.
      Yea the racial part I just kind of ignored. But the sheer emotion
      when he speaks, even shedding a tear really does illustrate how many parents feel going through the same thing.

Comment

The racial factor is important as there seems to be a problem in the black community of father's not stepping up to the plate, at least according to statistics.

Fatherless Black Children Statistics | Journal Articles in PDF

Sadly, in the USA there is a serious issue with strong black role models, a lot of children are raised without fathers. I don't know what the statistics are here in Canada.

Here's another site that deals with the negative effects of fatherless homes.

Statistics on Fatherless Children in America

I admire this man and agree with all he said ... wish there were more like him!

Comment

That put tears in my eyes. It's all true.

Comment

Amen. And not only does this touch the heart of Fathers wanting to be fathers.

But also , Mothers wanting to be mothers without the help of Fathers. Its all relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by FightingForFamily View Post
              That put tears in my eyes. It's all true.
              Yep. My eye leaked a bit too.

Comment

I wonder if it was him or his ex that moved "thousands of miles away?"

Comment

Originally posted by SadAndTired View Post
                  I wonder if it was him or his ex that moved "thousands of miles away?"
                  Guess we'll "never know". Either way it's emotional for both mother's and father's going through it.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X