Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

Old 07-09-2018, 02:54 PM

Lolita123 is on a distinguished road
Default Child Support Guidelines Fairness - Quebec calculator

Hey Guys... so many times it is mentioned how the Federal Guidelines are not fair... There are many flaws with them and many people who have reviewed them agree that they need to take for example the income of the custodial parent and also recognize share custody situation even if they are not 40/60... Quebec has a way to calculate child support in a more transparent way for both the recipient and the payor and it does reduce the amount of support for cases where the non-custodial parent has custody more than 20% of the time but less than 40%

I know that it's a Quebec tool so it cannot be applied... but just run the numbers in there ... I think that the logic should be used by the federal guidelines also..

https://services12.justice.gouv.qc.ca/CPA/CPA/en

In our case.. as per the Federal Guidelines the CS is $14,388 annually (and it is based on the Payor living in Québec).. same custody scenario using the Quebec calculator... $10,579.60 a difference of $3,808.40 a year.. per month that is $317.36..
Old 07-27-2018, 08:53 PM

Newfie76 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I knew there was a difference.....but wow its a huge difference. Quebec actually does it more fairly than the Left wing Federal guidelines!!!

Damn....should have moved to Quebec!!!!
Old 07-30-2018, 09:28 AM

cashcow4ex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie76 View Post
I knew there was a difference.....but wow its a huge difference. Quebec actually does it more fairly than the Left wing Federal guidelines!!!

Damn....should have moved to Quebec!!!!

Having lived in Quebec for many years I can tell you that what you save in CS gets more than eaten up in the higher provincial income taxes. Quebec is 10% higher than Ontario in the lowest income bracket and the gap grows higher with each new bracket.

Tags
child support, child support formula, fairness