This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here

Hi every one my name says it all... I don't want to point fingers and slander my stbx I just need some help/advice and support. I need to know I'm doing the right thing.

welcome to the forum. coming here and getting advice is a very good idea. We have all been there or helped someone else get through this.

It does get better, even though it seems like your world is coming to an end. I was abused by my ex but now I am married to a wonderful man who helped me learn to trust again.

Ask your questions, tell us your concerns and we will try and help you the best we can. Some advice you may not agree with but remember we are able to judge the situation without the same emotion that you have.

Grab yourself a coffee, pull up a chair and unload. You will feel better knowing you are not alone.

Comment

Welcome scaredandscarred. We're here to help and support.

Comment

Thanks for the warm invite! I had some issues with friends committing suicide and it put me into depression. I'm on meds for it but my stbx wife and I had a fight she says she wants me to stay. I said its over so she tried to off herself with pills. She knows this is a major trigger for me. My boys found her and called 911. This is so messed up!! I need to get away I've been told she is toxic to me. I'm so riddled with guilt...what do I do??
        When we argue she becomes physically violent and hits scratches and kicks. I have NEVER retalliated but the last time I told her touch me again and I will call the Police and have you charged.
        I have no where to go and no money to move...there are no mens shelters and the crisis hotline thinks that its a prank. I'm 6 foot tall ex body builder and very powerful...no one takes me seriously! My stbx is 5.5 foot and light as a feather. I hate violence I just want out...I know I'm rambling but what can I do??

Comment

I am coming from the otherside of the coin (being female) but I know what it is like to be abused. I think that it is a very sad state of affairs that there are so few resources out there available to men. I dont know where to advise you. Hopefully others have some ideas. But the grim fact is that men are abused too and this should be taken seriously. There are many mens support groups. I will post you a link and you can then take those names to see if there are any such groups in your area of the country. Will get the link and post again.

Welcome to the site, hope you will stick around, and even by talking to others here you/we can find solutions.

Comment

Mens Rights

This is a good link that give quite the list of places to consider looking at. Each province has its own section. Many pages are with father's rights and there are some that deal with other issues. Well worth a look. click on the link below and it will automatically take you there.

Fathers' Rights groups and support in Canada on CanLaw. Never send a girl to do a man's job.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X