FRO and CPI increases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FRO and CPI increases

My EX has decide to register with FRO (Ontario). First thing I knew about it was receiving the letters with my PIN number and the one asking my employer to deduct SS at source. Lovely

My separation agreement states that SS is a fixed amount adjusted by the CPI once a year. Will FRO take this into account?

If they don't, is my EX responsible to asking them to make the adjustment every year? I certainly don't intend to as the CPI is almost guaranteed to be an increase.

Thanks.

FRO will automatically adjust your SS owing based on the previous year's CPI. They will notify you of this early in the New Year and advise you of the new amount owing. Their job is to enforce court orders and separation agreements filed with the court, so if your agreement contains that language, they will enforce it every year.

That is also in my SA and FRO changes the amount upward every year.

Comment

Was the same for my husband, but his was adjusted in July each year. July was when the support payments started.

Comment

KW, Paris, thanks for the info.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X