This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let it go.

I was (am less so now) very bitter about the family law process.

It was quite an eye opener to hear some of the horror stories on this board. The pain, frustaration, anger, and sorrow, to mention a few emotions, was hard to read at times.

It is a nightmare for different reasons to different people in different circumstances.

For some it is paying for a cheating spouse, for another it is lack of time with their kids, and for someone else it is not having any money to raise the kids. For me, it was having my career and finances torn apart with no regards to actually need (50%-50% kids - completely financially covered) and still dragged through the system for every possible dollar becasue she could (by law).

As for this raging flame war, everyone needs to back off. Some posters are still too raw to be calm about the nightmare thay are just starting or are still stuck in (or still feeling the effects of). Others here are too cynical or hard-hearted after their own battle scars are hardly mended.

Good advice with a strong dose of reality is good medicine, but the patient maynot be able to take it right away. Denial, shock, anger, and disbelief of their circumstances may not allow the reality of the situation (fair or unfair) to sink in.

Jokes or insult humour may not sit well to someone who life is falling apart or is torn apart. The last thing that person may want to hear is "Suck it up, Muffin". A little more compassion, especially by those who have braved the tenches, might not go a mis.

Newcomers, who have just as much of a right to be here and to have their own opinions, are always going to be more upset, angry, and lost than those who have been here 2-3 years.

The oldtimers have read it all, seen it all and lived it all. Remember please, that the new guys and gals are new to it.

Plus the insulting stuff in this thread reminds me of the crap my ex-wife (and I to a certain extend) use to trade back and forth. Once the main idea or theme is stated, the rest is just a waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by rwm1273 View Post
      Maybe it is you that smells like fish.

I couldn't help it. You left yourself wide open, not to mention you deserve it.
      What I have to say to you cannot be posted on an internet forum. That was uncalled for. I did not say anything to you. Don't worry, you will get yours, but it won't be from me. Apparently the whole world is against you. THAT is what is "deserved"

I found it odd that a first post from a new member would pertain to this subject and defend you. This is not the first time I suspect there are trolls on here. Perhaps the admins should check the IP address of this "new" member to see if they are actually another member of this board. I wonder who it could be???

Comment

Originally posted by fredtheman View Post
        Hey why can't you answer the questions rwm postede? All I see is insults from you.
        Originally posted by billiechic View Post
        who the heck are you? Your first post and you jump in here? Smells fishy...
        Did you happen to notice that really whacky misogynist's vote count went up by one at the same time as that post appeared? I guess Fred really does care about that poll he calls my ego stroke.

Observant members will also have noticed an overnight reduction in his vote count by two and a simultaneous increase in the "clown" category by the same amount.

Comment

Fredtheman is not on the members list...hmmmm....

Comment

Yes indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by piggybanktoex View Post
              Let it go.

I was (am less so now) very bitter about the family law process.

It was quite an eye opener to hear some of the horror stories on this board. The pain, frustaration, anger, and sorrow, to mention a few emotions, was hard to read at times.

It is a nightmare for different reasons to different people in different circumstances.

For some it is paying for a cheating spouse, for another it is lack of time with their kids, and for someone else it is not having any money to raise the kids. For me, it was having my career and finances torn apart with no regards to actually need (50%-50% kids - completely financially covered) and still dragged through the system for every possible dollar becasue she could (by law).

As for this raging flame war, everyone needs to back off. Some posters are still too raw to be calm about the nightmare thay are just starting or are still stuck in (or still feeling the effects of). Others here are too cynical or hard-hearted after their own battle scars are hardly mended.

Good advice with a strong dose of reality is good medicine, but the patient maynot be able to take it right away. Denial, shock, anger, and disbelief of their circumstances may not allow the reality of the situation (fair or unfair) to sink in.

Jokes or insult humour may not sit well to someone who life is falling apart or is torn apart. The last thing that person may want to hear is "Suck it up, Muffin". A little more compassion, especially by those who have braved the tenches, might not go a mis.

Newcomers, who have just as much of a right to be here and to have their own opinions, are always going to be more upset, angry, and lost than those who have been here 2-3 years.

The oldtimers have read it all, seen it all and lived it all. Remember please, that the new guys and gals are new to it.

Plus the insulting stuff in this thread reminds me of the crap my ex-wife (and I to a certain extend) use to trade back and forth. Once the main idea or theme is stated, the rest is just a waste of time.
              Thank you for the very reasoned reply.

Comment

Single fathers feeling trapped in one-sided system

By Gerard Creces

Single fathers feeling trapped in one-sided system - Goderich Signal-Star - Ontario, CA

Comment

Poll closed

The people have spoken!!!!!!

In a landslide victory last night and over the last month a clear message for reason and "let it go" was sent by the membership. dadtotheend scored a resounding victory, capturing 61% of the popular vote.

Borrowing a page from Bill Clinton's presidential campaign, dadtotheend's theme song YouTube - Fleetwood Mac - Don't Stop (with lyrics) pumped loudly throughout the convention room as weary but elated Parrrot Party members danced the night away.

"I'm just glad it's over", said dadtotheend. "We took the high road in this campaign as were confident that our platform of reason, hard work, and civility echoes the hearts and minds of the constituency. It was only at the end when, sadly, the mudlsinging got so far out of hand that we knew we had to respond. The parrots really came through and I can't thank them enough. We have a great team here. We're ready to roll up our sleeves and carry out our mandate."

Critics of the Parrot Party's agenda claim that the system is so broken that fathers have no hope for fairness.

"I think that there is no question that work needs to be done. But we are confident that fairness can and WILL prevail!!", said dadtotheend while being soaked over the head with a huge barrel of Gatorade by campaign manager representingself and as Parrot party members danced and sang.

Huge banners bearing the Parrot party's slogan "Is there anything more worth fighting for than your kids!!" hung from the ceilings at the victory celebration that carried on until the wee hours.

Comment

OMG, LMAO!! What a great party!

Comment

I can't believe you actually put that thing on your head out on the dance floor. You brought the house down!!

Comment

Quick dedication (sorry I missed the party) Queen's "We Are the Champions."

Now run around the room until you feel dizzy then do a double knee slide into the middle of the dance floor with the trophy above your head.

Cheers

Comment

LMAO!!

"I'm just glad it's over", said dadtotheend. "We took the high road in this campaign as were confident that our platform of reason, hard work, and civility echoes the hearts and minds of the constituency. It was only at the end when, sadly, the mudlsinging got so far out of hand that we knew we had to respond. The parrots really came through and I can't thank them enough. We have a great team here. We're ready to roll up our sleeves and carry out our mandate."
                          After that party, I think i'm molting. *sweeps up feathers*

Comment

BAHAHAHAHA

Frickin' hilarious!!

Well done DTTE... and Congratulations!!!

(Singin' we will...we will ROCK YOU!!)

YouTube - Queen - 'We Will Rock You'

With sincere love,

Mrs. C Parrot

Comment

Just to put "your win" in to propective, out of 700 members (I'm sure not all active), only 28 voted (26 if you exclude yourself and the other guy).

Of that 26, you got 16 pro votes.

I'm just saying. : /

Comment

Originally posted by piggybanktoex View Post
                                Just to put "your win" in to propective, out of 700 members (I'm sure not all active), only 28 voted (26 if you exclude yourself and the other guy).

Of that 26, you got 16 pro votes.

I'm just saying. : /
                                Twist it any way you want dude.

A landslide victory by any standard.

What is a Landslide Election?

Even though it is a small sampe size (Sample Size Calculator - Confidence Level, Confidence Interval, Sample Size, Population Size, Relevant Population - Creative Research Systems), the margin of victory is so large as to virtually assure that the margin of error is not a factor.

If you're trying to say that the result would have been different had the whole population responded, then I will be having a blue cheese sandwich for lunch - when I get back from the moon.
                                Last edited by dadtotheend; 12-04-2010, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X