Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Domestic Violence

Domestic Violence Dealing with abuse and violence. Getting support and help.

Old 02-25-2020, 10:25 AM

dad2bandm is on a distinguished road

Sorry Jackdivorce,
I noticed you private messaged me, and I don't often check there or respond there.

You mentioned your spouse is in "peace bond" with you, but I don't understand, are you still living together then, or not, as you mentioned somehow you and kids just don't get her angry lately, to keep her calm? The peace-bond was older then?

If actual abuse still happens, then that should not be happening in front of the kids.

I was just responding to the thread, to point out (and I still stand by that point), that CAS is never your ally. So make sure that if you do involve them, you have legit reasons.
Old 02-26-2020, 06:51 AM

Abba435 is on a distinguished road

CAS is there to protect kids not parents.
They provide an essential service.
The Eligibility Spectrum is where you need to look.
Google it.
Old 02-26-2020, 09:54 AM

dad2bandm is on a distinguished road

Not to get on a tangent, but...

There is intent. And there is practice. lol.

Lots and lots of cases and situations where CAS did not protect the kids. Google it. Including mine, if the records were public - but they are not.
Old 03-07-2020, 08:20 PM

alongjourney is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackdivorce View Post
The cops saw the assault and also noticed that kids are in scene. They forwarded to the cas who interviewed me. Unfortunately due to in law pressure and kids missing mother.. I decided to support her in front of the cas...

Maybe I did a mistake but considering my kids were just 4 and 6.. ...

I hope post divorce she will be nice to the kids but I worry sole custody as there seems to be an understanding that family court prefers mother over father
Likely a really costly mistake. Do not let anything slip through. She assaults you? Call the cops. Make sure you have proof, might be worth having an audio recorder at all time on you when she is nearby. Or have your phone record audio. The kids shouldn't be exposed to that, and I'd bet that post divorce there may be a lot of alienation....