Clinical worker vs Lawyer (OCL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clinical worker vs Lawyer (OCL)

Other than what is found on their website, what is different between the 2? Is the clinical worker also a lawyer or purely a social worker? Does a clinical worker know family law and family law case law?

I had a social worker. She was not knowledgeable in family law nor did she care about case law. She basically had a meeting with my ex, had a meeting with myself, saw the kids in exes care, saw the kids in my care and interviewed the kids twice, spoke to the school and to the CAS worker my ex has had involved for the last 11 years. She believed my exes lies without confirming with me or proof and she flat out told me on our first meeting that she is a mother with young children and she would never take kids away from mom because she couldn't live without hers. Needless to say she decided I was a terrible person and my ex was mother of the year (with the kids having 52 lates at the time in school, CAS having concerns, etc) and said that she believed my time should be reduced from every weekend to every 3rd weekend and the mother should have sole custody. Luckily I was able to get the report dismissed but it wasn't easy. I would avoid at all cost!

Comment

wow. sounds like you had an anti-dad/mother-biased clinical worker assigned to your case. I have myself dealt with mother-biased female CAS case workers and mother-biased female lawyers. It's alarming how they automatically believe and assume whatever mom tells them to be true just because they are a mother. I'm glad you were able to get her biased report tossed out.
      Last edited by trinton; 06-26-2017, 11:17 AM.

Comment

I also had a social worker. I had a generally positive experience with the worker. Not simply because she recommended sole custody (as a Father) but that she was extremely thorough. My only concern was her unwillingness to address/speak to the multitude of mental illness issues that were a major concern in our case. She was helpful in illustrating, however, the level of "up and downs" the kids and I experience at the hands of my X.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X