This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ombudsman's Stance

Well I have just recieved a phone call from the Ombudsman's Office. They are choosing not continue with thier investigation of my case based on the following:
    -because basically they can only rule on administrative decisions. Not issues of the law.
    I will be recieving this in writing by the way.

One thing that was discussed in the end is that we need to right up a standard iron clad, no ifs ands or buts type of support agreement. This would then have to be distributed and unilaterally accected by the courts and the parties involved. This agreement must be so tight that FRO cannot abuse this in anyway. Want to discuss this very soon.

So as well I guess we are now free to pursue the Crown and The EX immediately.

Will right more, Richard

Hello Everyone,

When we first recieved that news I will be honest, It came with some frustration and disapointment. Now that we have had time to digest things some there was one point that stood out that I have to agree with. While the Ombudsman can only Intervene when it is a matter of proceedureal/administrative issues Our issues are mainly legal. We have to continue to keep this in the courts if there is to be any change to FRO and Family Law. It is our full intention to do so. Some other points raised is that we need others to do so as well. The final point is that one means of resolution is that as part of the divorce process there needs to be a standardized (iron clad) contract for support issues. This would have to be accepted and used by the lawyers and thier respective parties then the Judges and next in line FRO. If they are forced to abide by this contract it will bring about changes needed. We are going to start talks with our lawyer to find out just how to go about this. In the mean time I think it important to hear what you have to say on the matter. I would also like to post polls on issues that may be of importance. So hope all here will read and participate. Thanks
    AtALoss

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X