This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this is out of control

I am seeking some advice on how to deal with false allegations.
    A little history....
    I am the Mom and while we have Joint custody of the child I have primary residence. We separated 5 years ago. Divorce still has yet to be granted, not by lack of trying. My ex is so combative still would have thought he would have settled down by now. We had the trial 16 month ago and he appealled. It was heard in Oct at our level of court. The Judges did not want to deal with it so they moved it on to the Court of Appeals. So now have to travel down to Osgoode.

Anyway back to my opening. over the past 5 yrs he has tried to make almost every allegation possible against me and new partner. I am an abductor abusive etc etc. We have been thru the mill with CAS and Cops Full investigations you name it. Repeatedly niether organization can find anything to warrent this. Roll thier eyes and close the files. Good but my problem is that I am just so tired of dealing with this and the impact that it is having on all of us. We feel like lab rats. Some suggest counselling tried that and just makes it worse. (personally feel like the system has failed me on that score)

Could someone get restraining orders,and or press charges for harassment and wrongful accusations? Just trying to figure out how to make it stop. Everyone get along with their own life is all I want.

Added note his infidelity ended the marriage and I knew about it for 2 yrs and just could not live like that anymore. Now I deal with his anger and acting like a baby. I take that back babies are better than that by a long shot.

Just an add on....

when I left I very well could have raised some allegations of my own and had them proven. I chose not to go that route. You hear too many stories these days women acusing etc etc. when it actually has happened the victem often feels to intimidated to come forward. think that was my case but anyway for everyones sanity i just wanted out. Didint need to put my child thru all of that either.

I never claimed to be perfect but sure am not the monster he is trying to make me out to be.

Comment

I am thinking that you can get harassment charges brought against him. The court system doesn't like it when someone uses the system to basically get back at someone. It ties up an already overloaded court system with basically bs. As long as you have concrete proof and all you i's dotted and t's crossed I am thinking that you would win.

Comment

I attempted to have him determined a vexatious litigant, as along with all the BS he was filing motion after motion. From Sept to Dec he had me in court about every 3 weeks. This is a serious charge and Niether he nor his lawyer were present so the Judge just gave me an order that if he were to file another that he would automatically be charged costs. This is good until after the appeal. At least that has ended for now.

It just baffles me that this divorce was something that we had agrred was needed. Think he just thought I would lie down and let him have custody. I never went to his level and he is just having a hard time dealing with it all.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X