This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does this have to take?

I would like to pose this question to anyone that has a legal background if there are some of you on here. Hopefully....

My question is more to a proceedural end.
    The case in question was heard in Dec 08 decision was made and we won. Actions that have to occur as a result of that decision are coming about but at an agonizing pace. Both lawyers have put in for costs.This was adressed Mar6/09. We are waiting for the results. The Judge decided he would release his decision in writing. No one has heard anything. Or so it appears. Our lawyer asked over a month ago of the other lawyer what happened and he has not responded. My question is how long would this normally take? Well past 45 days now. To me it seems a simple matter either you get it or you don't...with the nuances of the case My gut tells me these decisions were already made way back.

Feeling frustrated and left out to dry.

Till the cows come home I guess... went to the court house to ask and the judge has not submitted his endorsement. Been 50 days now.

Comment

Perhaps a letter to your MP or MPP might be in order. Your letter will probably be ignored but if enough people complain these self serving jerks might notice.

FN

Comment

Patience is a virtue. If a court remains silent on a issue such as costs at any step in the case - There is none.

lv

Comment

It is so hard to be patient. What happened is that we won in Dec Right My spouse has been trying for 7 years to end the CS he was paying faithfully since '92. As it stands he has overpaid by almost 40G. Under the law FRO is supposed to return his Licences (They took everything right down to OHIP) Anyway The judge in Dec put in his reasons for judgement that FRO had no Jurisdiction since 2002 and enforcing an expired order. He has just got the run around for so long by our courts here.

One thing I omitted from the earlier post when he inquired about the awarding of costs the clerk could not even find his file. Just so fed up with the ineptitude.

Comment

Another quick question to this end when Fro/ Justice Dept whom ever returns these licences would they have to be in good order? He has had to pay for everything to be reinstated. (considering what FRO did and there will be reprocussions to them I just feel they should be treating him much better)

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X