Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Witnesses

I'm shaking my head in disbelief here.

My brother is in a now year long battle with his ex in an attempt to get her to pay CS and also her prop. share of University expenses. (They are both self-rep)

Has had:

First Appearance
    Case Conference
    2 Settlement Conferences
    3 Mediation Sessions

and now come next Monday, a Trial Mgmt. Conference.

My brother served her with his 17E : TMC Brief. No witnesses needed other than the 2 parties as it's basically a CS case ... he wants her to pay Table CS and she is refusing to pay.

He just got HER Form 17E. She has named the following as "Witnesses":

My brother (her ex)
    Their 18 yr old daughter
    My father
    My brother's new wife

Is this even possible? I thought your witness was supposed to be on your side and verify/validate what your seeking?

My dad is retired and there is NO WAY he wants to be involved in this. My brothers' new wife feels the same. Daughter doesn't want to be in court either.

Will a judge force anyone (other than my brother) to act as a witness in a CHILD SUPPORT case?

This seems absurd to be that she can delay, stall, etc.. for an entire year and not pay CS.

Could be an intimidation tactic?

Comment

Did she supoena them? If not, they don't have to show.

And it sounds like this wasn't well thought out. You don't call witnesses that you don't know what they will say. And what can they offer anyhow? Table amount for CS isn't contingent on what your ex father in law, ex or brother in law have to say....its contingent on your line 150 of your income tax. This all points back to: BAD PLAN!

I think she will piss off a judge awfully quick.

Let her dig her own hole. Don't discourage it lol

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X