This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Response to a response

My STBX filed a notice of motion Form 14A and affidavit seeking to significantly reduce my parenting (father) time with our 5 and 6 year old girls. I responded with my own notice of motion and an affidavit providing strong evidence, in my view, against her reasons and many false allegations. As is her right, she has filed her response (i.e. response to a response), which is filled with several important factual errors. I think the lies are important in two ways: (1) it shows her lack of credibility and (2) some of her more important arguments can be proven to be factually incorrect. It is my understanding that judges expect affidavits to be 100 percent correct.
    We go to court on Tuesday, May 8th and our respective factums have been submitted. If I have hard evidence (emails and calendar dates) that in her latest affidavit she is lying through her teeth, is there a way I can make a judge aware of this at this stage? or am I wasting my time?

Originally posted by nogoingback View Post
    My STBX filed a notice of motion Form 14A and affidavit seeking to significantly reduce my parenting (father) time with our 5 and 6 year old girls. I responded with my own notice of motion and an affidavit providing strong evidence, in my view, against her reasons and many false allegations. As is her right, she has filed her response (i.e. response to a response), which is filled with several important factual errors. I think the lies are important in two ways: (1) it shows her lack of credibility and (2) some of her more important arguments can be proven to be factually incorrect. It is my understanding that judges expect affidavits to be 100 percent correct.
    We go to court on Tuesday, May 8th and our respective factums have been submitted. If I have hard evidence (emails and calendar dates) that in her latest affidavit she is lying through her teeth, is there a way I can make a judge aware of this at this stage? or am I wasting my time?
    You can file a Factum back at them. It is better than MORE affidavit materials. If you have a lawyer ask about putting a factum in for the motion.

Good Luck!
    Tayken

Comment

Judges assume everything in affadavits are probably half truths anyways, nobody gets contempt charges for lying in them. Typical Canadian guys find it hard to lie in sworn affadavits it's all about fairness to them, but the ex will have no problem throwin u under the bus buy lying...judge's expect it as normal. The bottom line it's all to get you too lose more time with your kids and for you to give up...and unless there are good reasons for you to not have the same time as before just stick too that for the next few years (fire your lawyer he's wasting your money).....demand even more time with kids.....that'll shock them

Comment

Typical Canadian guys find it hard to lie in sworn affadavits it's all about fairness to them...
        Yes, men never lie in affidavits...only women do.

Did you take your meds today?

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
          Yes, men never lie in affidavits...only women do.

Did you take your meds today?
          Warning to The Borg:

You are dealing with a detailed litigant. All matters before this forum can and will be used against you. Be prepared to have your story pealed apart like a ripe banana by PH. In my personal opinion PH is better than the vast majority of family law barristers (litigators) on cross examinations.

This will be very interesting to watch unfold for sure.

Good Luck! (Honestly!)
          Tayken

Comment

I'm sure she's use to getting everything distorted and arguing round in circles..krazy how most of the old gurls here go straight to rage I guess the guys are to busy working and paying for them to sit here...but ty Tayken....she won't shout me down and if she does it's cause I got sumthin 2 do..

Comment

theborg:

I don't shout...but I will point out what is very obvious to everyone but you.

I don't disagree that judges disregard many things in affidavits...they're looking for a theme or pattern of behavior throughout these documents.

To suggest that they only find themes or patterns of inconsistency in women's affidavits is ridiculous and absolutely untrue. If you want to be taken seriously...provide credible evidence or cut the sexist crap.

If I was a judge, for instance, looking at your posts...here's the logical theme/pattern conclusions I would draw:

1. You are extremely full of rage against what you perceive as injustice committed against you in your divorce.
              2. Your ex spouse deeply hurt you in a way that causes you to be cynical and biased against all other women.
              3. You justify your hatred with a series of bizarrely-interwoven, illogical fallacies because you know that you are disturbed.

People of your ilk have massive defense mechanisms built up because its easier than dealing with the issues that led up to the divorce and subsequently the messy divorce itself. Instead of dealing with your own emotional issues, you project blame somewhere else. This also isn't gender specific...there are women on this forum that engage in exactly the same behavior.

Its cowardly, its tragic and its very very transparent to everyone but you.

Everyone sees what you are...everyone. You are fooling no one.

Get some help before you hurt yourself or your children. You are wasting your life.

Comment

Sorry missed everything you said....pretty sure it wasn't pleasant....I'm so glad I'm me though. Have a nice one

Comment

Sorry missed everything you said...
                  Oh, I'm quite sure you read it.

Again, you are very transparent...everyone sees the real you.

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
                    Warning to The Borg:

You are dealing with a detailed litigant. All matters before this forum can and will be used against you. Be prepared to have your story pealed apart like a ripe banana by PH. In my personal opinion PH is better than the vast majority of family law barristers (litigators) on cross examinations.

This will be very interesting to watch unfold for sure.

Good Luck! (Honestly!)
                    Tayken
                    Hey
                    So far I was under impression that I am the one? Did I miss something ?

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
                      Oh, I'm quite sure you read it.

Again, you are very transparent...everyone sees the real you.
                      yep you are so right about that. Very anti-woman and anti-mother.

Comment

Pass the popcorn Tayken... watching PH shred yet another idiot is always entertaining!!

Comment

LOL another one to the shreder by PH? How many does this make now PH?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                          Working...
                          X