Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As you just said, "have their voices heard" not choose where they want to live - but have their voices heard. You, as a parent, listen to their voice and govern yourself according to their age and the maturity of the opinions that they express. It is a PARENT's job. Not a court, judge or child's job. YOU are their advocate. If you cannot present a reasonable case to the courts that is based on what you think your child wants - then your child is not mature enough to make any decisions about living arrangements.

Oh yeah - and don't EVER ask them where they want to live... Please do not make them choose between their parents.

Comment

Sorry I brought anyhting up, I hope I did not offens anyone
      Last edited by ConcernenedStepMom78; 01-06-2011, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Lumpy did you go in and read the link I osted at the beginning of the thread?

Comment

What is messed up about the system, IMHO, has nothing to do with changing it so that children can be forced to make adult decisions.

Yes I read it.

Comment

Originally posted by ConcernenedStepMom78 View Post
            You are a taxpayer, and a voter no? You all have a voice no? How do you think things change? People stand up and fight and advocate, and write their MP's and MPP's, they make bills to modify, change and create laws. Not a dreamworld, you are all citizens and you all agree the system is messed up, you can sit in here and complain, or you can get off your booty and do something.

You are the one doing the complaining. I'm OK with things the way they are.

Why not take a few days off from the enormous energy you are pouring into this board and practice what you preach?

Comment

I actually was not in here for a long time DDTE, and I am thinking that it was amistake to even come back inquire or post a link to an article that made perfect sense, because I realize there are only a small handful that truly understand.

Comment

Then, please explain how we missed the point?

It sounds like you have been saying, if parents have failed to come to a mutual decision, you think that children should have the right to talk to the judge (who has taken psychology courses) when a case goes to court and tell them where they want to live.

Is that right so far?

Comment

The point was to post an article that was extremely informative of a messed up system. I was hoping that each of you could gain your own personal insight from it, and that was my ONLY interntion.

Comment

DOes anybody know how I leave the Forum I tried to look it up but to no avail?

Comment

Well thank goodness you are one of the chosen ones. The rest of us just don't get it.

So rather than trying to continue beating us into submission, pick up your cross and get going. Once you are done conquering your own family law case*, keep on marching straight to Ottawa where you can take your epic quest to Parliament Hill and save the children.

All the best to you. Truly.

*Or blowing it for your hubby, as the case may be. At least one person here has privately told me they think you are going to "tube" it for him. I stuck up for you because I believe you are under a great deal of stress, but the more I hear, the less I believe.
                      Last edited by dadtotheend; 01-06-2011, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Don't let frustration make you do something that won't help you or make you feel any better.

Gary

Comment

No I actually do really want to leave the forum, is there anyone that knows how I can?

Comment

Unfortunately, you don't just close the a/c. Your posts survive. You might be able to convince a mod to delete them, but that's not for sure.

The way to leave is to not come back.

Comment

The point was to post an article that was extremely informative of a messed up system. I was hoping that each of you could gain your own personal insight from it, and that was my ONLY interntion.

I think that we all read it and got a different insight from you. We have debated this point before and we disagree. If you wish to leave the forum because you posted an article that was debated and everyone didn't agree with you, then I wish you luck in the future.

Comment

I am again sorry for offending anyone and taking a stance, I wish yyou all the best of luck in your family litiations.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X