BC Doctor Abducts His 4 Children, Headed to Northern Iran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC Doctor Abducts His 4 Children, Headed to Northern Iran

This man is a physician and a lauded "humanitarian".....

Doctor featured in PM’s video accused of child abduction | Ottawa Citizen

So after what you have seen in family courts you believe this is the full story?

Comment

His full name is Salahaddin Mahmudi Azer. I believe this is their case from CanLii

https://www.canlii.org/en/bc/bcsc/do...&resultIndex=1

Comment

Thanks Arabian, I was going to look for the case on CanLII to post too!

@Links, no I don't think that's the whole story.

Abducting 4 Canadian born children under 12 to a remote region of Iran and abandoning a medical career is definitely not the answer. It's a power play based on ego and having the money to carry it out.

I've spent the last week scrambling to put obstacles in my ex's path to hopefully prevent her from taking our S2 across the border to the US in case she is considering that option to avoid trial and a joint custody decision from the court.

The panic and fear I felt at the "possibility" that S2 could be removed from Canada is only a taste of what this mother must be going through.

I hope these kids are safe and that their father won't pull the ultimate power play if he is tracked down and going to be held accountable.

Comment

Link to Interpol Pics of Mahumudi-Azer children:

Mom of missing B.C. kids previously worried dad wouldn't return them | CTV News

"Alison Azer's four children were legally allowed to travel to France and Germany earlier this month, but they did not return as scheduled last week."

Mom is Canadian born and dad was a refugee who got his medical degrees in Canada.

Neither Iran or Irag will assist and are not part of the Hague Convention.

Comment

How terrible. The financial resources that the Dad must have will open many doors for him.

That poor Mother.

Comment

The court ruled in his favor and dismissed her request of a move to Calgary - the children were to remain as per their status quo in his region of Vancouver Island.

And, SadandTired, of course not only are his financial resources of concern – but he’s taking them into an area that is war torn and fraught with fighting for independence, religions (patriarchal) and social freedoms. Just a terrible choice he’s made, for his children and for himself.
              Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

This is in incredibly sad. I clicked on the CanLII link and realized that I know both the parents in question (or rather I used to know them socially some years back but haven't been in touch for a long time). I would never in a million years have imagined that either of them would engage in the actions that are alleged here - they were both widely regarded as dedicated humanitarians who were devoted to each other. I guess it's another case where no matter how good someone (or someone's marriage) looks from the outside, you can never know what's happening on the inside.

Just sad.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdreamy View Post
                  The court ruled in his favor and dismissed her request of a move to Calgary - the children were to remain as per their status quo in his region of Vancouver Island.

And, SadandTired, of course not only are his financial resources of concern – but he’s taking them into an area that is war torn and fraught with fighting for independence, religions (patriarchal) and social freedoms. Just a terrible choice he’s made, for his children and for himself.
                  Hallo McD

I was more referencing his finances because he could hide just about anywhere, in any country and be able to finance illegal "help". Hopefully he will choose a safe place to stay.

Stripes, I am sorry to hear that you knew them.

Comment

Not sure why this is such a big deal, nowadays custodial parents can move with the children wherever they want in 90% of scenarios. It is pretty much the same impact as abduction in case in one case it was approved by the ppl in the black robes.....

Comment

I have to say that that patriarchal stuff with saria law and war looks pretty good when compared to the canadian family law system.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                      Working...
                      X