Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 11:25 AM

dadtotheend will become famous soon enoughdadtotheend will become famous soon enough
Default Motion to change court date

I have a court date set in December 16 at the Superior Court of Justice at 393 University in Toronto for my motion to change on CS. The materials were served and filed a couple of weeks ago.

My lawyer adivsed me that we will be likely meeting with a dispute resolution officer (probably a senior lawyer or a master) at that time and that if the matter isn't resolved then we will book a case conference.

Does that make sense? Anyone done this and want to share?

Also, does anyone know if I have to confirm my attendance a couple of days prior with a Form 14C, or some other communication to the court?
Old 11-23-2010, 02:02 PM

tugofwar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadtotheend View Post

My lawyer adivsed me that we will be likely meeting with a dispute resolution officer (probably a senior lawyer or a master) at that time and that if the matter isn't resolved then we will book a case conference.

Does that make sense? Anyone done this and want to share?
I had a friend who's ex served her a motion to change cs also as he has been released from his place of employment. And the same thing happened, she ended up at a case conference. Her ex did not have any financial information to provide his the change in income, postponed it till end of year
Old 11-23-2010, 08:06 PM

logicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to logicalvelocity

Anything is possible. I think it's done to free the precious resources. Master's can make procedural orders to simplify the process such as Disclosure etc. File your 14C, as it present's opportunity to convey your position.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:38 AM

SheShe is on a distinguished road

In my case, there was a settlement conference with my ex's the Motion to Change.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:58 PM

CycleDad is on a distinguished road

It seems that different courthouses have different proceedures. Our count house does not use "dispute resolution officer".

It does use case management and things like "trial sittings". Over here we can be called to trial at the last minute.

The courts really need to standardize.
Closed Thread