Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 11-20-2020, 09:31 PM

goblue is on a distinguished road

So far the only thing I've agreed to is my daughter moving part time to Sudbury as long as my access isn't affected and she continues to go to daycare in Massey. It was through a letter from her lawyer stating that she was accepting another job and through social media that I learned today was her last day of work. Nothing else has been communicated to me.
Old 11-20-2020, 09:59 PM

Question. What happens at first court appearance? This is under ocj. My lawyer said it's basically getting date for case conference. Can anything else happen here?
Old 11-20-2020, 10:06 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

No its just to set the first case conference. You may want to ask your lawyer if they can ask for an urgent date to speed up having it heard but that may be a crapshoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-20-2020, 10:20 PM

Ok thank you.
Old 11-21-2020, 07:59 PM

Co-parenting advice needed: How many times in a day am I required to answer the ex on how our daughter is doing when she's with me? lol it's 2-3 times per day. It's easy enough to reply "good" but it's getting more and more aggravating.
Old 11-21-2020, 08:12 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

Stop responding. Tell her once up front that you are busy with child when with you and you will not be answering any texts or calls. If there is an emergency you will let her know otherwise you are going to enjoy your parenting time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-21-2020, 08:21 PM

tilt is on a distinguished road

Easy, I take up to 24 hours to respond. Train your co-parent to have the same expectation. Just because they sent a text doesn’t mean I have my phone on me or am obligated to respond right away. So, I would do a slow fade. First text, maybe take a couple of hours to respond and then preface your reply with “hey, sorry, I was busy being with our daughter, we are both good, see you Tuesday”. Next text 6 hours till your respond. And then just stretch out the responses till 24 hours after her sending a text seems normal. At that point I would use Rockscans script.

If Rockscan’s response sounds like it would work for you right away, do that. I just find sometimes laying down a hard line in the sand, especially after someone has been trained by my own behaviour to have certain expectations, can escalate things unnecessarily.

Also, I strongly doubt you are, but if you are texting her excessively on her parenting time, stop.